Weirdest/things that blew your mind when you learned them

• Thread starter s00mb
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Mind
In summary, when learning about mind-blowing things, what continues to blow your mind is how different everything is in reality, compared to how we experience it.
I think "the experience of color" is best understood as certain states of parts of the nervous system. I think this way because my dreams are full of colors, even though no photons (of the visible band) hit my retinas at those moments. 😄

Of course you can trigger those states of your nervous system by means of different mechanisms: exciting the cones and rods in your retina, dreaming or just imagining colors with your eyes shut.

Last edited:
Likes BillTre, sysprog, atyy and 1 other person
Physics news on Phys.org
nuuskur said:
Green's theorem is the weirdest most mind¤#%& theorem I have learned about (yet). It doesn't matter how one picks ##M## or ##L##, as long as they satisfy certain conditions the result holds. I don't even have the vocabulary to explain why it's so strange.

Same here!

Likes bhobba
For me it's the Delayed Choice Quantum Eraser experiment, think about it every night before I sleep.

Bacteriophages,
More appropriately they don't blew my mind but they give me goosebumps,
the thing which really amazes me is to think about the ongoing wars in our body and even on head and in normal life we don't even have any clue about these wars!
To me they seems like some secret agency that is constantly protecting Earth from aliens😁.

Likes etotheipi