What a jerk (cont'd from General Physics)

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of a constant jerk and the existence of the GWB force, which is generated by "shock and awww" and has been associated with nucular forces. There is also mention of the George W. Bush force and the possibility that it could refer to Gravity Wave Breaking, which is further explained through a link provided.
Andrew Mason
Science Advisor
Homework Helper
[mentor's note: the following posts were split off a thread in General Physics:

https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=155149 ]

Ja4Coltrane said:
but that does not work, I need net force.
in other words, I only care whether or not a constant jerk can exist.
The only one that comes to mind is the GWB force. It was thought to be of relatively short duration but has demonstrated a much longer lasting effect. The phenomenon itself seems to defy physics (and science altogether). Although GWB is touted by those closest to it, to be a steady-state or "stay the course" force, most would categorize it as a constant jerk phenomenon.

AM

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
do you think you could tell me about this GWB force?

It is generated by "shock and awww". It has also been associated with nucular forces in some countries that are aligned along an axis of evil.

Could you be referring to the George W. Bush force?

could it meant ? Gravity Wave Breaking

ziad1985 said:
could it meant ? Gravity Wave Breaking

Not sure what Gravity Wave Breaking force is. Care to explain?

I think he might have been talking about this : http://www.nersc.gov/news/annual_reports/annrep98/prusa.html

I seem to have my jerks confused...

I am very slow. hehe.

What does it mean for someone to be a jerk?

Being a jerk can mean different things to different people, but generally it refers to someone who is rude, insensitive, or inconsiderate towards others. It can also refer to someone who consistently displays negative behavior or treats others unfairly.

How can someone be a jerk in the context of physics?

In the context of physics, someone can be considered a jerk if they are dismissive or condescending towards others who may not have the same level of knowledge or understanding as them. They may also exhibit negative behavior, such as belittling others' ideas or refusing to collaborate.

Is being a jerk a personality trait or can it be changed?

Being a jerk is not necessarily a fixed personality trait. It can be influenced by a variety of factors, such as upbringing, past experiences, and personal beliefs. However, with self-awareness and effort, someone can work on changing their behavior and becoming more considerate and respectful towards others.

Can being a jerk affect scientific progress?

Yes, being a jerk can have a negative impact on scientific progress. Collaboration and open communication are crucial in the scientific community, and if someone is consistently rude or dismissive towards their colleagues, it can create a toxic work environment and hinder progress.

What can be done to prevent or address jerk-like behavior in the scientific community?

To prevent or address jerk-like behavior in the scientific community, it is important to promote a culture of respect and inclusivity. This can be achieved through education, training, and promoting open communication and collaboration. It is also important for individuals to hold themselves and others accountable for their behavior and address any instances of disrespect or negativity.