What about Florida Atlantic U ?engineering particularly

• Thread starter BillBLack
  • Start date
In summary, there is a discussion about the Ocean Engineering programs at FIT and FAU. The person is considering relocating to Miami and is seeking information about FAU's program and other departments in the school. Another person mentions that FAU's ocean engineering program is highly regarded and suggests doing further research and visiting the school. They also mention that they are an undergraduate student at FAU and find it to be a good school.
BillBLack
I've been accepted to FIT's Ocean Engineering program, but my wife's employment circumstances may dictate that we relocate to the Miami area rather than Orlando/Melbourne. FAU also has an Ocean Engineering program which is pretty extensive. Can anyone enlighten me on FAU-if not the specific OE program...perhaps the engineering/physics/math departments?
Any assistance would be a great help.
Thanks,

Physics news on Phys.org
Does anyone have ANY information about FAU?

Based on their catalog they seem to have quite a few courses... when i was considering it the general impression was that it was a commuter school.

visit and decide for yourself

My physics teacher in high school told me that FAU's ocean engineering program was one of the best in the nation and even rivaled MIT's. I assume since FAU is so close to the ocean that it has an advantage for doing ocean engineering. But don't take my high school teacher's word for it, do some research, visit the school, and talk to the profesors. BTW I am an undergrad computer science major at FAU and I consider it a pretty good school, but then again I have nothing to compare it to.

What is the engineering program like at Florida Atlantic University?

The engineering program at Florida Atlantic University is highly reputable and offers a variety of majors such as aerospace, civil, electrical, and mechanical engineering. The program emphasizes hands-on learning and real-world experience through internships and research opportunities.

What are the admission requirements for the engineering program at Florida Atlantic University?

To be admitted into the engineering program at Florida Atlantic University, students must have a strong academic background with a minimum GPA of 3.0 and a competitive SAT or ACT score. They must also submit letters of recommendation and a personal statement.

What kind of research opportunities are available for engineering students at Florida Atlantic University?

Florida Atlantic University has a strong focus on research and offers numerous opportunities for engineering students to get involved in cutting-edge projects. Some examples include the Autonomous Systems Laboratory for robotics research and the Advanced Materials Engineering Research Institute for materials science research.

What kind of career prospects can engineering graduates from Florida Atlantic University expect?

Engineering graduates from Florida Atlantic University are highly sought after by top companies in various industries. The university has a strong network of alumni who are successful professionals and can provide valuable connections and job opportunities. Additionally, the Career Center offers resources and support for students to prepare for their careers.

What sets the engineering program at Florida Atlantic University apart from other universities?

The engineering program at Florida Atlantic University stands out for its strong emphasis on hands-on learning and real-world experience. The university also has state-of-the-art facilities and resources for students to conduct research and gain practical skills. The program also offers a variety of specializations and opportunities for students to customize their education to their interests and career goals.