1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What are career options for an Electronics Engineer?

1. Jun 9, 2015 #1
    Hello everyone, I am from India and studying Electronics Engineering. But i don't have much idea about career options available for an Electronics engineer.

So can anybody give me guideline about
    1. What are career options for an Electronics Engineer?
    2. What kind of jobs are available in the industry for an Electronics Engineer ?
    3. Should I do any extra courses from job recruitment point of view ?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 9, 2015 #2

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electrical_engineer

4. Jun 9, 2015 #3
    Do you mean Electronics as in an Master's Degree or Electrical as in a Bachelor's Degree?

Post Graduate education opportunities are different from a plain four year degree.

5. Jun 9, 2015 #4
    In my experience during school and work electronics engineering and electrical engineering are different things. Electronics engineering is more hands on, applicable and (right or wrong) considered less rigorous. Electrical engineering is more broad, more mathematical and more common. At my job we have many electronics engineering graduates working as maintenance and process technicians. They generally like to get their hands dirty more than the "real" engineers who sit at a desk most of the day.

6. Jun 9, 2015 #5
    I am currently studying 4 years undergraduate course in Electronics Engineering. So I want to ask that what kind of jobs are available to me and which extra courses should I study as a plus point from recruitment point of view ?

7. Jun 9, 2015 #6
    I am currently studying 4 years undergraduate course in Electronics Engineering. So I want to ask that what kind of jobs are available to me and which extra courses should I study as a plus point from recruitment point of view ?

8. Jun 12, 2015 #7
Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook