What Are Gravitational Waves and Why Are They Important for Your Physics Thesis?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Chahunda
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Hello, I didn't know if this is the right place for this question but here it is. I have a thesis due by June sometime. The thesis is in an astronomy course so I would like to do something on physics. I have just started learning the basics and would like to impress the teacher (this might help me get a letter of recommendation from him, he rarely gives them). The thing is, is that I don't know what to write my thesis on, or what I need to study to be able to do that. I would like to do something on black holes as I find them interesting but hopefully you guys can help me out. Thank you!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Are you sure you have to write a thesis? A thesis is arguments that supports a particular interpretation of scientific facts. That is you are trying to prove to the reader that your idea is the correct one.
 
No, sorry it is not a thesis, but a research project. I would like to impress him but don't have the physics background I think I need. I'm just completely lost as to what to do.
 
Last edited:
Welcome to the PF.

Have you read much about gravitational waves? They certainly are a timely topic... :smile: