What are leak tests, cold tests and hot tests in automation?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stanley_Smith
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Test
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 4K views
Stanley_Smith
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Can anyone tell me anything about leak test/cold test/hot test in the world of automation ?

Thanks a lot,
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
Could you be more specific? Are you asking about leakdown testing of engines? What do you mean by "the world of automation"? Are you asking about automated leak detection systems? Are you asking about test process development which includes a leak or leakdown test point?
 
Last edited:
faust9 said:
Could you be more specific? Are you asking about leakdown testing of engines? What do you mean by "the world of automation"? Are you asking about automated leak detection systems? Are you asking about test process development which includes a leak or leakdown test point?

Sorry, I should be more specific.

I was asking about automated leak detection systems, and I meant "the world of automation" as in controls engineering.

Thanks,