1. Not finding help here? Sign up for a free 30min tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What are my chances of getting into UCSD as an engineering major

1. Jun 10, 2015 #1
    Hello everyone! I'm currently in community college and I'm wondering if anyone knew what my chances were of getting into UCSD and an electrical or chemical engineering major. Upon transferring I would be missing one Physics class (or I would be taking it the summer prior to my first fall quarter) with a cumulative GPA of 3.92. I only get one shot to be admitted and I don't want to be rejected just for one course. What are your thoughts?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 10, 2015 #2
    If I were you I would go to the schools departments and try and get an interview with the people who would make the decision to let you in, go prepared with all the information that you can that you might need to apply to the school. I don't think missing a course should matter. They want someone who will be a great student and can handle the workload.

Good luck!

4. Jun 10, 2015 #3
    Sometimes you have to finish a series at your school or the classes wont count. Sometimes if you don't have your core finished then the application may not be accepted but its something you need to talk to a councelor from the school to be sure. The GPA as of now is fine but after a year of calculus physics and o chem it may be lower. I believe high 3.7 is common for transfers for ucsd(based on friends who get accepted for engineering) and near 4.0 or 4.0 for berkley and ucla. Many students have high GPA from community college and are trying to apply to the big UC's from across the country so its very competitive.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook