What Are Quick Hot Appetizer Ideas for an Office Potluck?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Math Is Hard
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Hot Ideas
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
64 replies · 14K views
Vanadium 50 said:
Spam Tater-Tot Velveeta De-lites

5. Arrange the slices of fried Spam on another cookie sheet. On each, place a Tater Tot and then a Velveeta slice, securing the arrangement with a decorative toothpick. Bake at 300 for 10 minutes, or until the Velveeta has melted over the Tater Tots and onto the fried Spam, the cookie sheet, and the oven floor.

What if the oven is run by a microprocessor that has a spam filter?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo said:
Grits are wonderful, nothing like them.

Your bruschetta recipe is awesome, I love bruschetta.

Nah, it's incredibly easy. Bruschetta is much more involved, more ingredients, more complex flavors. Stuffed jalapenos is about as easy as you can get.

Lol thanks, and you're probably right, I've never made stuffed jalapenos myself so I wouldn't really know.
 
I got all the stuff to make "practice bruschetta" tomorrow. I almost bought some heirloom tomatoes just for the fun colors.
 
GeorginaS said:
Practising with food is the best part.
That's the beauty of having a vegetable garden. You get to practice a lot without paying top prices for the produce.

If you know that you're going to get tagged for some pot-luck in the future, it's a snap to prepare something in advance. Due to the very cold wet summer last year, I didn't get to can my usual batches of pickles because I didn't have enough cucumbers ripening at once. I got some of the big, over-ripe cucumbers from my neighbors, though, and saved them in the 'fridge until I could make a small batch of dill pickles. (halve them, scoop out the seedy cores, then slice them into spears) At the end of the season, I got a few more and made a batch of refrigerator pickles. Make up your brine, like usual, and pack the vegetables in the brine, jar it and refrigerate it. The pickles end up nice and crispy, with a flavor that processed canned pickles, can't get. I made the refrigerator dills with cayenne and jalapeno peppers and lots of fresh garlic. One of my neighbors' granddaughters is hooked on them. She won't eat the chilies, but she'll snag a whole clove of garlic if given the chance, even if it's a bit "hot".