What Are Some Beginner-Friendly Books on Quantum Physics and Relativity?

In summary, the speaker, a physics major freshman, is interested in learning about quantum physics and relativity. They were fascinated by the book "Feynman Lectures on Physics" and are looking for recommendations for similar books. However, they struggle with math and gave up on reading "Road to Reality." They apologize for their poor English.
junhyeok
Hello
I'm a physics major freshman. And I want to know about Quantum physics and relativity
But It takes to long to learn this subject in my college.
I read book "Feynman Lectures on Physics" and I was fascinated .
So I want to know about this kinds of Books. But I don't know about many physics books.
So Please recommend me books like Feynman Lectures on Physics.
I tried to read "Road to Reality" But I'm not good at math. So I gave up.

Sorry for my poor English.

Physics news on Phys.org

Related to What Are Some Beginner-Friendly Books on Quantum Physics and Relativity?

1. What is the best physics book for beginners?

There are many great physics books for beginners, but some popular options include "Concepts of Physics" by H.C. Verma, "Fundamentals of Physics" by David Halliday and Robert Resnick, and "Six Easy Pieces" by Richard Feynman.

2. What is the most comprehensive physics book for advanced readers?

For advanced readers, "The Feynman Lectures on Physics" by Richard Feynman, Robert Leighton, and Matthew Sands is often considered the most comprehensive and in-depth physics book available.

3. Are there any physics books that focus on a specific topic?

Yes, there are many physics books that focus on specific topics such as quantum mechanics, relativity, electromagnetism, thermodynamics, and more. Some popular options include "Introduction to Quantum Mechanics" by David Griffiths and "Introduction to Electrodynamics" by David Griffiths.

4. What is a good physics book for non-scientists?

For non-scientists interested in learning about physics, "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking and "The Elegant Universe" by Brian Greene are both highly recommended books that explain complex physics concepts in an accessible and engaging way.

5. Are there any free online resources for learning physics?

Yes, there are many free online resources for learning physics such as Khan Academy, MIT OpenCourseWare, and Physics Classroom. These resources offer lectures, practice problems, and interactive simulations to help you learn physics at your own pace.