1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What are some good computer/electrical engineering classes to take?

1. Jun 14, 2014 #1
    I am a computer engineering major, and the core for EE and CpE are the same. The junior year is where the two programs begin to branch apart. There is an elective spot for a 2000+ class in my major. Which areas would be good to know about in today's workforce? Of course, I would be interested in classes like robotics, but what would be the most practical type of classes?

2. jcsd
  3. Jun 14, 2014 #2
    Really, it depends on what the job is.

If you really want to make a choice based on what you will use in the workforce, maybe do some job hunting and see what kind of skills are called for in your area. But I don't think it will be too bad if you just go for what interests you.

4. Jun 14, 2014 #3
    Thanks. I really haven't started to narrow it down yet. I was just curious. I do find electronics and cyber security to be pretty interesting though.

5. Jun 15, 2014 #4

donpacino

Gold Member

I would recommend taking a class in computer networking or FPGA design.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook