What are some recipes for avocado and lime soup?

• Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Evo
In summary, the conversation revolves around Evo's upcoming surgery and everyone is wishing her well and hoping for a speedy recovery. There is also some humorous banter about her potentially getting a boob job or chakra realignment during the surgery. Overall, the group is sending their best wishes and positive thoughts for a successful operation and quick recovery.
Evo said:
Ok, I have a Dr's appointment this afternoon. My doctor was full so I'm seeing Dr Gore. :eek: This sounds ominous.
:smile:

Ok, how does this sound, a Hardees angus Thickburger on sourdough bread with beef broth, run through the blender.

Only if you're just planning on sniffing it. :wink: Just avoid the Food Thread entirely. I'm sure that is one of the hardest parts of recovery, seeing and smelling yummy food and knowing you can't touch it.

Just to be careful, I've relocated the sisterhood's chocolate stash to a new, undisclosed location (I just hope Cheney isn't eating it all when I'm not looking). You're not being told where it is or given a key until you have a clean bill of health and doctor's note telling us you are allowed to eat solid foods again. :biggrin:

Physics news on Phys.org
I just called her cell and she didn't answer. So I left a message telling her she'd better be at her Dr.s office or she's in REALLY DEEP doodoo. :biggrin:

I just got home from the doctor, Tsu you called while I was there.

I am on a Z-Pak, so I should be better in a day or two. They tested for strep and it was negative.

Evo said:
Ok, I have a Dr's appointment this afternoon. My doctor was full so I'm seeing Dr Gore. :eek: This sounds ominous.

Ok, how does this sound, a Hardees angus Thickburger on sourdough bread with beef broth, run through the blender.
You can't just cut it into very small pieces?

Eat meat with some slices of kiwi fruit. Kiwi fruit contains enzymes that break down proteins. I know this from experience when I marinated some steak with slices of kiwi. The outer surface made for nice gravy.

Evo said:
I just got home from the doctor, Tsu you called while I was there.

I am on a Z-Pak, so I should be better in a day or two. They tested for strep and it was negative.

so, what DID they say?----"looks like your throat is irritated--here are some pills."?

rewebster said:
so, what DID they say?----"looks like your throat is irritated--here are some pills."?
They didn't say anything. Just prescribed Z-Pac. Over and out.

Oh, and I've lost 6 pounds since Friday. Six pounds in 5 days. I know it will stabilize in a few days.

Last edited:
I had to look up what Z-pak is: Azithromax (also known by the brand name Zithromycin)
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/medmaster/a697037.html
http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/zithromaxsusp_ids.htm

First I saw the part that it is prescribed to treat STDs, and after I stopped laughing and pondering how Evo got an STD in her throat (must've been some REALLY nice male nurses at that hospital :smile:), got further along and saw it's used for throat infections caused by Strep. I haven't found anything that tells how broad of a spectrum of bugs it is effective for. Hopefully they'll check the culture for anything else other than strep and make sure it's susceptible to azithromycin and prescribe something else if it isn't. It's in the same family as erythromycin (it's actually a derivative of it).

Last edited by a moderator:
Astronuc said:
You can't just cut it into very small pieces?

Eat meat with some slices of kiwi fruit. Kiwi fruit contains enzymes that break down proteins. I know this from experience when I marinated some steak with slices of kiwi. The outer surface made for nice gravy.

DON'T TALK TO HER ABOUT FOOD!111111111111 She's supposed to eat SOFT CRAP for the next week or so. We need to chant: mashed potatoes and cheese; mashed potatoes and cheese... :smile:

Evo - you're a good girl (for ONCE! ). Now take your medicine and stay away from salad. mashed potatoes and cheese, mashed potatoes and cheese...FRUIT SMOOTHIES, FRUIT SMOOTHIES (WITH LOTS OF WHIPPED CREME TO PUT SOME FAT ON YOUR POOR OLD SAGGY FLESH!1111 :smile:

Moonbear said:
I had to look up what Z-pak is: Azithromax (also known by the brand name Zithromycin)
http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginfo/medmaster/a697037.html
http://www.rxlist.com/cgi/generic/zithromaxsusp_ids.htm

First I saw the part that it is prescribed to treat STDs, and after I stopped laughing and pondering how Evo got an STD in her throat (must've been some REALLY nice male nurses at that hospital :smile:), got further along and saw it's used for throat infections caused by Strep. I haven't found anything that tells how broad of a spectrum of bugs it is effective for. Hopefully they'll check the culture for anything else other than strep and make sure it's susceptible to azithromycin and prescribe something else if it isn't. It's in the same family as erythromycin (it's actually a derivative of it).
Z-Pak is what they prescribe for upper respiritory infections now, highly effective.

My mom made me the best banana milkshakes and potato soups when I got my wisdom teeth out. I highly recommend both for the eating impaired. If you've got a blender you can whip up some really creative stuff.

boy--MB--you REALLY know how to start some rumors--

(she'll need to raise her PM message limit to 4000 now)

Food Thread?

Well good, Evo, progress. A doctor's visit and antibiotics and everything. Now if you can actually follow your eating instructions (at least for a few days) we'll give you a gold star. :biggrin:

(Sidenote: Something I've noticed. Wow are women ever bossy. Yes, I'm including myself in that statement.)

Yeah. Don't you LOVE it! :smile:

binzing said:
Food Thread?

Yer cruisin' for a bruisin', kiddo! :biggrin:

GeorginaS said:
(Sidenote: Something I've noticed. Wow are women ever bossy. Yes, I'm including myself in that statement.)

Truest thing ever said on PF.

Tsu said:
Yer cruisin' for a bruisin', kiddo! :biggrin:
Et tu, Wollie? :biggrin:

GeorginaS said:

:smile: My boyfriend agrees. But, he dutifully remembers to keep his towel on the left side of the towel rack when I visit, because I've told him I'm always right and he doesn't dare challenge it. :biggrin:

wolram said:
Truest thing ever said on PF.
Tsu said:
Et tu, Wollie? :biggrin:

But how else would we know what to do unless women told us what to do?

Glad to hear that you're improving, Evo. If you need something supplementary for nourishment, I highly recommend either Ensure Plus or Boost. They're both very tasty liquid meals that were originally developed for tube-feeding hospital patients. Some drug stores have their own house brands of the same thing as well.
Unless your photos are incredibly deceptive, you'll disappear if you lose another 5 pounds.

Borch soup is good and adaptable, it can be made sweet or savory.

wolram said:

Ugh, beets ...Woolie, remember, she can't vomit :smile: !

lisab said:
Ugh, beets ...Woolie, remember, she can't vomit :smile: !

Hey! It might be a way of teaching Evo's stomach how to vomit anew.

Last time I heard, they were still practicing medicine.

Woah. I came in late and don't have enough time to read the whole thread, but I'll just pop in and say hello.

From the look of these last few comments I probably have plenty of catching up to do.

Thanks Jeans. If you become a doctor, you can take care of me!

Hope your infection goes away quick. :smile:
P.S. keep away from the food thread.

Evo, if I were in your shoes I think I would challenge myself to invent some yummy recipes for "Things to Eat When You're Not Allowed to Eat". All kinds of soups and purees and frappes and whips. Heck, with your culinary talents you could make a cookbook out of it, and sell it to the hospitals and dentists offices, They could send it home with patients.

wolram said:

Yyyyummmmmmy! I LOVE Borscht. With a big blob of lovely sour creme... Ooooooo, YUM! :!) And, YO! SIS! YOU can eat THAT! :biggrin:

As usuall, most activity goes when I am asleep :frown:

Glad to hear all goes reasonably well :smile:

I think you need a whole recipe book for smoothies.

I had a cold avocado and lime soup at a restaurant not long ago. I wonder if you could find a recipe for something like that online. I wasn't sure if I'd like it, but decided to give it a try. It was so thick and filling, I thought I'd ruin my appetite for the main course, and the lime made it quite refreshing too (probably kept the avocado from turning brown as well). And I suspect it was probably quite high in calories and nutritious too. Just what you need when you can only eat little bits at a time anyway.

Math Is Hard said:
Evo, if I were in your shoes I think I would challenge myself to invent some yummy recipes for "Things to Eat When You're Not Allowed to Eat".

Two words for you: duck foam.

- Warren

chroot said:
Two words for you: duck foam.

- Warren

Google has failed me. :frown: What's duck foam?

Probably one of those new fangled things they are making that taste like food, but aren't. They are an "essence" made with things like agar and piped out of aerosol whip cream cans.

Some recipes just call for putting the liquid into a "foamer" with c02 cartridges.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,1977,FOOD_9936_15338_,00.html

Evo said:
Probably one of those new fangled things they are making that taste like food, but aren't. They are an "essence" made with things like agar and piped out of aerosol whip cream cans.

Agar is what bacteria are grown on. People eat that stuff?