What are some recipes for avocado and lime soup?
- Thread starter ZapperZ
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Evo
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
303 replies · 32K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Tsu
Gold Member
- 462
- 62
Oh, Eeeeevvoooooo!
You hava a phone message!
And a PM!
And here's another one! CALL ME! I PM'd you my phone number (in case you've lost it
you know... like... LOST it...??
...oh, ok. [/weirdness]).
Don't be avoiding me now.
We need to talk, sweet cheeks.
You hava a phone message!
And a PM!
And here's another one! CALL ME! I PM'd you my phone number (in case you've lost it
Don't be avoiding me now.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Got it! I will be calling in a bit, I CAN NOT miss Hell's Kitchen season finale, and I just took some pain medication, seems my body was just teasing me earlier, thinking I was alright. Now I have a low fever, sweating, bad headache, throat sore and a spider bit me and it's swelling up! Or maybe it was that assasin bug.
<blows nose>
<blows nose>
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
Evo said:Now I have a low fever, sweating, bad headache, throat sore and a spider bit me and it's swelling up!
Get back to the doctor! You should NOT still be running a fever, and the sweating and headache are not good signs either. You have yourself a real infection there and need treatment.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Yep, going tomorrow. Do not let me blow it off if I wake up feeling better again.Moonbear said:Get back to the doctor! You should NOT still be running a fever, and the sweating and headache are not good signs either. You have yourself a real infection there and need treatment.
GeorginaS
- 236
- 1
Evo said:Yep, going tomorrow. Do not let me blow it off if I wake up feeling better again.
I'm quoting you on that.
OmCheeto
Gold Member
- 2,536
- 3,665
Evo said:Yep, going tomorrow. Do not let me blow it off if I wake up feeling better again.
I'm divesting of my silver stocks and plan on investing a lot on hippie fudge next weekend.
Sleep young child! Rest!
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Someone help me! I had a salad (the nurse told me I could eat soft food if I chewed it very well and had lots of liquids with it). I must have eaten too much because now I am dying. I need to wrap my stomach in something before it explodes. And I only ate a small bowl of it. It was so tasty. I couldn't stop. 
It's the Evo Child's fault, she not here and she left me with food. Yummy food. She knows I can't be trusted.
And she took my camera to take pictures of kittens her friend is auditioning. I want my camera back.

It's the Evo Child's fault, she not here and she left me with food. Yummy food. She knows I can't be trusted.
And she took my camera to take pictures of kittens her friend is auditioning. I want my camera back.
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,050
- 614
Evo said:Someone help me! I had a salad (the nurse told me I could eat soft food if I chewed it very well and had lots of liquids with it). I must have eaten too much because now I am dying. I need to wrap my stomach in something before it explodes. And I only ate a small bowl of it. It was so tasty. I couldn't stop.
It's the Evo Child's fault, she not here and she left me with food. Yummy food. She knows I can't be trusted.![]()
Oh no! Are you just over stressing your just-operated-on stomach, or is it something worse? I think you should go to the hospital, seriously, call someone or an ambulance. The fever is reason enough, but you don't want to test how strong the sutures in your stomach are!
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
I'll be ok, I just realized too late that most of the things in this salad cause gas. <Evo smacks forehead>lisab said:Oh no! Are you just over stressing your just-operated-on stomach, or is it something worse? I think you should go to the hospital, seriously, call someone or an ambulance. The fever is reason enough, but you don't want to test how strong the sutures in your stomach are!
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
lisab said:Oh no no...did they, perchance, install a release valve...?
noGuess I won't be eating greens and beans again anytime soon.
Tsu
Gold Member
- 462
- 62
Evo said:I'll be ok, I just realized too late that most of the things in this salad cause gas. <Evo smacks forehead>
How can you be dying when I just got off the freakin' phone with you!??111111 Here. Let ME smack your forehead for you!111 Good GRIEF, woman! Mom was right. You really AREN'T the brightest bulb in the box, are you?
I'm going to call you in the morning to make sure that you've got a Dr.s appt.
Oh yeah. Moonbear, MIH! I got the girls phone numbers! I'll PM them to ya, just in case I fall and break my other hip and can't follow up on our lame one! Oh. Wait. I'M the lame one. She's just being DUMB!111111
EVO!11 Get away from that SALAD! NOW!1111111
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
Evo said:I'll be ok, I just realized too late that most of the things in this salad cause gas. <Evo smacks forehead>
Good heavens! Can you not behave yourself even for the first week? I'm pretty sure the soft food rule was for things like cottage cheese and oatmeal, and not salad! Thank heavens the Evo child didn't leave you a pot of 5-alarm chili!
Do you want to explode like the Monty Python guy that has the after dinner mint?
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Trying.lisab said:Well can you, um, burp? Like on purpose? That may help to relieve some pressure.
Tsu
Gold Member
- 462
- 62
Evo said:no
Guess I won't be eating greens and beans again anytime soon.
I'll talk to you in the morning. xoxo
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
On the way to the hospital she had to make me spit out a breath mint. She was all upset, "are you crazy? You can't eat those before surgery!". The nurse said she was right, they create saliva and even the amount of saliva could cause serious problems. But my mouth was dry.Math Is Hard said:Good heavens! Can you not behave yourself even for the first week? I'm pretty sure the soft food rule was for things like cottage cheese and oatmeal, and not salad! Thank heavens the Evo child didn't leave you a pot of 5-alarm chili!
Do you want to explode like the Monty Python guy that has the after dinner mint?
Tsu
Gold Member
- 462
- 62
Evo said:Trying.
baking soda? NO. WAIT. If you do that DON'T use too much. I can just see you ODing on baking soda and exploding in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
The sheet is so vague, it only specifically warns against bread and meat which could get stuck and choke you. It says to eat small amounts of soft food with liquids 6 times a day.Tsu said:No. You won't. And you'll be wanting to stay away from saurkraut, too. They should have given you a piece of paper called an instruction sheet when you left the hospital that tells you what you can eat and what you should avoid. Did you READ IT? Are you following your instructions? You whacko. You need a babysitter.
![]()
Oh, I was going to make coleslaw. Oooh, cabbage, not a good idea, thanks Tsu!
Ok.I'll talk to you in the morning. xoxo

Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
I'm not allowed to drink anything carbonated.Tsu said:baking soda? NO. WAIT. If you do that DON'T use too much. I can just see you ODing on baking soda and exploding in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.![]()
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,050
- 614
Tsu said:baking soda? NO. WAIT. If you do that DON'T use too much. I can just see you ODing on baking soda and exploding in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.![]()
I didn't see any reference to baking soda, maybe you edited before I saw Tsu's post...? Baking soda would be really bad for you now. Remember how it reacts with vinegar? baking soda + acid (such as stomach acid) gives off CO2 - you don't need a bunch of gas in your stomach now. Don't eat any baking soda...promise?!?
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,663
- 37
lisab said:I didn't see any reference to baking soda, maybe you edited before I saw Tsu's post...? Baking soda would be really bad for you now. Remember how it reacts with vinegar? baking soda + acid (such as stomach acid) gives off CO2 - you don't need a bunch of gas in your stomach now. Don't eat any baking soda...promise?!?
Isn't that how kids make volcanos for junior high science projects?
Tsu
Gold Member
- 462
- 62
No, lisab, see, if you tell Evo to DO something, she WON'T do it. She NEVER does what she thinks might be good for her. She's your Basic Bad to the Bone kind of girl. She's got a worse stubborn streak than me, and I'm BAD.
Watch.
Hey, Evo. I take it back. No. Really! Go ahead and take LOTS of baking soda. Yeah. Several tablespoons of it in a half cup of water.
It'll make you burp SO GOOD... You'll feel SO much BETTER...
Evo, you'd better know that I'm just teasing and don't you DARE start doing what i tell you to do NOW you goofball - you never 'listened' to me before, now is NOT the time to start! 
Hey, Evo. I take it back. No. Really! Go ahead and take LOTS of baking soda. Yeah. Several tablespoons of it in a half cup of water.
Evo, you'd better know that I'm just teasing and don't you DARE start doing what i tell you to do NOW you goofball - you never 'listened' to me before, now is NOT the time to start!
Danger
Gold Member
- 9,805
- 251
Yeah, Evo... half a dozen gel capsules of baking soda with a vinegar chaser will clear everything up... 
I love you to bits, girl, and I'm sorry that I didn't tune into this thread earlier. Be well, even if it restricts your lifestyle. You're the heart of PF.
I love you to bits, girl, and I'm sorry that I didn't tune into this thread earlier. Be well, even if it restricts your lifestyle. You're the heart of PF.
GeorginaS
- 236
- 1
I cannot believe I just read the posting I've read. Evo, I hope you're sleeping. Listen to Tsu, MIH, and lisab, Moonbear, and stop it. Don't make me come over there. Wherever there might be.
fuzzyfelt
Gold Member
- 734
- 4
Hope you are feeling better
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 11,959
- 54
Evo said:Yep, going tomorrow. Do not let me blow it off if I wake up feeling better again.
Okay, it's now tomorrow. Get thee to thine doctor!
I can't believe you ate a salad! When they say soft food, think Jell-o, pudding, cottage cheese, mashed potatoes. If it requires chewing or is high in fiber, STAY AWAY! Now get to the doctor before the only food you're able to eat will be injected via I.V. line.
And tell Evo Child to stop playing with kittens and get over there to watch out for you.
Similar threads
- Evo
- · Replies 9 ·
- General Discussion
- Replies
- 9
- enigma
- · Replies 6 ·
- DIY Projects
- Replies
- 6