What are some recipes for avocado and lime soup?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Evo
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
303 replies · 32K views
We should institute a board rule where everyone has to give at least one other person on the board their phone number or, at the very least, the e-mail address to a friend who can check in on someone in person.

We talked about that idea on another message board so that no one could get run over by a bus and the rest of us would be left wondering what happened to them because they just up and disappeared.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Evo, glad to hear you made it through surgery okay! I didn't know about your stomach moving into your esophagus before.. Doesn't sound like much fun.. I wish you a speedy recovery on this new infection !

Also great to hear your vegetables & flowers survived the gusting winds & giant hailstones.:bugeye:
 
GeorginaS said:
We should institute a board rule where everyone has to give at least one other person on the board their phone number or, at the very least, the e-mail address to a friend who can check in on someone in person.

We talked about that idea on another message board so that no one could get run over by a bus and the rest of us would be left wondering what happened to them because they just up and disappeared.

Right, See also this thread

Perhaps there are contact possibilities.
 
I see you've got that covered already, then, Andre. Thank you for pointing that out to me.

P.S. PF Board Powers That Be: I was only joking when I suggested making it mandatory.

So...anyone heard from Evo yet?
 
Sorry guys, I was too sick to sit up yesterday, but I am feeling much better today. My throat is looking better and doesn't hurt quite as bad to swallow the fever is gone. (I always have had remarkable recuperative powers, necessary when you are as accident prone as I am).

Sorry you guys were worried. :frown: Each of you get ten GOOBF cards (Get Out Of Banning Free).

We really do need to maintain an up to date alternate contact list.
 
Evo...WHEW! So glad you're doing better!

Did you ever go back to the hospital?
 
Evo said:
Sorry guys, I was too sick to sit up yesterday, but I am feeling much better today. My throat is looking better and doesn't hurt quite as bad to swallow the fever is gone. (I always have had remarkable recuperative powers, necessary when you are as accident prone as I am).

Sorry you guys were worried. :frown: Each of you get ten GOOBF cards (Get Out Of Banning Free).

We really do need to maintain an up to date alternate contact list.

glad for you that it wasn't a seriously bad infection




(just post your phone numbers up---that should do it)
 
lisab said:
Evo...WHEW! So glad you're doing better!
Thanks, I'm still going to try to get to the doctor because I think I need an antibiotic.

Did you ever go back to the hospital?
I couldn't find anyone to take me and we don't have cabs out here. :cry: So I decided to stay in bed, drink chicken broth and cranberry juice and medicate heavily.
 
Yay! Everyone was getting worried, and Tsu never got your new number after you moved. I am glad to hear that you feel better and are doing okay.
 
Evo said:
I couldn't find anyone to take me and we don't have cabs out here. :cry:

Am I missing something, or you have two daughters? Could be one doesn't have a driving license ATM, still there is one left. No comments.

Glad to see you back online :biggrin: I can finally sit down for a moment.
 
Evo said:
So I decided to stay in bed, drink chicken broth and cranberry juice and medicate heavily.
Always good advice!
Glad you're ok Evo - please stay away from the kitchen, scissors, paper, rocks and anything else that you manage to hurt yourself with.
 
Phew! AM I EVER glad to see you Evo. I'm so glad you are feeling better.

If you feel bad again and don't have a ride to the ER, please call for the ambulance! Don't take chances! We need our Queen of GD!
 
Good to hear you're fine, take care of yourself. Don't push yourself too much, healing takes time so just relax and you'll be ok.
 
Yay! You're alive!

Evo said:
Thanks, I'm still going to try to get to the doctor because I think I need an antibiotic.
They didn't send you home with an antibiotic?!

I couldn't find anyone to take me and we don't have cabs out here. :cry: So I decided to stay in bed, drink chicken broth and cranberry juice and medicate heavily.
Chicken broth and cranberry juice are good. Drink plenty of fluids. And you can alternate between the narcotic (e.g. hyrdocodone) and acetaminophen, unless the two are mixed, like Vicodin. If you get constipated, use a laxative like MiraLax mixed with about 8 oz of juice/water.
 
WHEWWWWWWWW! Ok Sister, don't ever scare us like that again! Lol, I do completely understand the just too sick to post aspect. Seems we need to invent a remote poster modulator, a button you can press that automatically posts "I'm OK".
Remember, don't rush anything, and know that we wuv's ya:!)
 
Astronuc said:
Yay! You're alive!

They didn't send you home with an antibiotic?!
No, that is actually a precaution, it seems, if you are on antibiotics for no reason, it can actually cause problems. The accepted practice right now is to administer a single dose of antibiotics 1 hour prior to surgery, or even at the time anesthesia is administered. They are pretty much useless administered after the surgery, unless a specific infection is identified.

Here is an article about it.

"Overall, 55.7 percent of patients received prophylactic antimicrobials during the 60 minutes … before incision," the authors write. "Prior studies have demonstrated that timing is critical to the effectiveness of prophylaxis, and current guidelines recommend dosing within one hour before incision….It is of interest that 9.6 percent of the patients in our assessment received their first dose more than four hours after incision when little if any benefit would be expected based on these previously published guidelines."

"Most (92.6 percent) of the patients in this assessment received a prophylactic antimicrobial regimen consistent with current guidelines," according to the study. "However, only 78.7 percent received regimens that were limited to the recommended agents, suggesting that a substantial amount of antimicrobials are used unnecessarily."

"The results of this study raise additional concerns regarding antimicrobial resistance. Our data suggest that vancomycin continues to be used excessively for surgical prophylaxis," the authors write. "In addition, 59.3 percent of patients received prophylaxis for more than 24 hours after the end of surgery." There is evidence that use of new, broad spectrum antimicrobials and prolonged use of antimicrobials can promote antimicrobial-resistant bacteria and increase the incidence of antibiotic-associated complications, according to the article.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/02/050223164507.htm
 
hypatia said:
WHEWWWWWWWW! Ok Sister, don't ever scare us like that again! Lol, I do completely understand the just too sick to post aspect. Seems we need to invent a remote poster modulator, a button you can press that automatically posts "I'm OK".
Remember, don't rush anything, and know that we wuv's ya:!)
I didn't think I would EVER be to sick to get online.

Thanks hypatia, I hope you are doing better as well.
 
They aren't useless after surgery, they're just more effective if you get a loading dose prior to surgery. If they give one that lasts long enough, you don't need more after surgery, but if it's shorter acting, you need to keep taking more to keep the effective dose high enough. It's a single dose post-op that's pretty useless.

Then again, an oral antibiotic might be rough on your stomach when that's the site of surgery. Still, you shouldn't mess around with infections.

Like MIH already said, if you start to feel worse and nobody can get you, call for an ambulance, or heck, bang on a neighbor's door. Now send us your daughters' phone numbers so we can yell at them for not helping you out when you needed someone to get you back to the hospital! I thought Child of Evo was staying with you to help you out...you shouldn't be alone right after surgery! Better yet, get Spawn of Evo over there...she won't take any nonsense if you start feeling worse again and will drag you to the ER kicking and screaming if needed. :approve:
 
Sure glad to see you back again, Evo. Nice superpowers; but please don't rely on them next time.
 
Well, at least you seem to be making headway...

Hope it goes in leaps and bounds!
 
Sis, you are in SUCH deep doodoo. I'd rip you a new one now but I have my Anticoag. appt. and I have to hobble in and wash me face. :biggrin:

We shall talk, dearie. (dumm da dump dum - DUMB!) :smile:
 
I'm glad to hear you're making progress, Evo. And glad to hear from you at all. Everyone was very concerned. Someone ought to have been with you post-op. Good heavens. No point in me chewing you out, though, there are people here far better qualified than me to do that.

Keep recovering, 'kay?
 
Tsu said:
Sis, you are in SUCH deep doodoo. I'd rip you a new one now but I have my Anticoag. appt. and I have to hobble in and wash me face. :biggrin:

We shall talk, dearie. (dumm da dump dum - DUMB!) :smile:
 
GeorginaS said:
No point in me chewing you out, though, there are people here far better qualified than me to do that.
Yeah, Tsu and I will take care of that. :devil: As soon as Tsu gets back from her doctor's appointment, we're going to soup up that walker so she can get over to Evo's place and give her what's for!
 
I assume all the throat pain was because this was done endoscopically, but if not, RESIST THE URGE to scratch your stitches.
 
binzing said:
I assume all the throat pain was because this was done endoscopically, but if not, RESIST THE URGE to scratch your stitches.
No, it was laparoscopic, I have 5 incisions on my abdomen, but a tube was down my throat to inflate my esophagus also, now I have a throat infection.
 
Moonbear said:
Yeah, Tsu and I will take care of that. :devil: As soon as Tsu gets back from her doctor's appointment, we're going to soup up that walker so she can get over to Evo's place and give her what's for!

See? Far, far better qualified people than me. :cool:

P.S. Evo, take good care.
 
Yoohoo, Evo, you're late. I guess we're not there yet?

Do take care and all the best