What are some recipes for avocado and lime soup?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ZapperZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Evo
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
303 replies · 32K views
Get better, and keep us updated.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Aww glad to hear you're ok Evo but worried about that fever & rash. I can't understand how the doctor doesn't "know" what is going on. You have to do something and not be a sitting duck.

Take care and keep us updated.
 
Oh Evo, I was so happy to hear you made it home. Hope you went back to the ER, post-op infections can be really bad, and nothing to mess around with.
I better start pacing again...
 
Please go back to the ER now, if you haven't already! I had an infection after I had my appendix out and it was pretty bad. Luckily antibiotics were enough to fix the problem. My point is, from personal experience I can say, if you think you have an infection from the operation, get it checked out as soon as possible because they are nothing to mess around with.
 
When it was just blisters that the doctor dismissed, I thought maybe it was from them poking around in there, or that they literally rubbed you the wrong way when giving you a trach. tube for the surgery, but this sounds like much more now.

The fever and rash are VERY concerning. If for some reason you haven't listened to everybody else yet, get to the ER NOW!

Just undergoing anesthesia can be enough stress on your body for an infection to flourish. And since they were poking around with your stomach and esophagus, you have open places for bugs to really sneak in and get where they don't belong. And, just so you take this seriously enough if you haven't yet, I AM going to scare you...infections in the throat, especially if they have places to get out to the other side as they would following surgery, have a pretty clear path to get all the way down into your chest to cause infection around the heart, or up to your brain to develop meningitis. Don't mess around waiting. It could be anything from serious post-op infection, an opportunistic bug that has just taken advantage of a weakened immune system due to stress, or an allergic reaction to medication you're on. Those are all potentially life threatening if you wait, so get to the ER and have them figure out what's wrong.
 
Since we haven't heard anything I'm sure we can assume she's done the sensible thing.
 
But that was the plan all the time anyway.

Evo said:
... If I'm not better in the morning, I'm going to the emergency room.

Crossing fingers.
 
I think it's safe to assume that she's back in the hospital. Let's just think some good thoughts. We'll hear something soon (I hope).
 
I will assume that, she is resting comfortably in a room with a very nice and quiet{Mrs Cleaver} room mate.
 
Another scenario: her roommate is another evangelical and a non-stop talker to boot. "Honey, if y'all need me to be quiet why jest holler. Now as I wuz sayin, in Luke 10:20 the Lord sayeth unto the..."

Meanwhile, those throat sores prevent our friend from uttering a sound.

(All kidding aside, am hoping for the best.)
 
If Evo did go back to ER, I just wish she'd done it last night.

At any rate, back on watch, and I'll keep checking back and sending positive energies.
 
Redbelly98 said:
Another scenario: her roommate is another evangelical and a non-stop talker to boot. "Honey, if y'all need me to be quiet why jest holler. Now as I wuz sayin, in Luke 10:20 the Lord sayeth unto the..."

Meanwhile, those throat sores prevent our friend from uttering a sound.

(All kidding aside, am hoping for the best.)

...with the TV on Fox News REALLY LOUD...!
 
lisab said:
...with the TV on Fox News REALLY LOUD...!
Could be worse...they could have a cable channel with back-to-back Dr. Phil. I HATE that pompous windbag. Oprah should crawl under a rock for giving him her show for a venue.
 
Oh, no! The Darling family visits Charlene in Evo's semi-private room and Evo never gets to hear "Slimy River Bottom" because that song makes Charlene cry.
 
someone's handing Evo an empty jug about now and saying, "just jump in where you can, little lady, and try to hang on."
 
Evo said:
Ok, everyone has to get some kind of instant messaging. I NEED TO CHAT!

Welcome back, hope you get well soon. Might I suggest an IRC server? Then everyone culd just get a messenger like Trillian, or an IRC specific one, and then we could all meet on there, whenever. Hell, isn't the chat here an IRC? We could just use it without the built in interface.
 
binzing said:
Welcome back, hope you get well soon. Might I suggest an IRC server? Then everyone culd just get a messenger like Trillian, or an IRC specific one, and then we could all meet on there, whenever. Hell, isn't the chat here an IRC? We could just use it without the built in interface.
Pretty sure that the PF chat is a Java-driven feature...
 
Math Is Hard said:
someone's handing Evo an empty jug about now and saying, "just jump in where you can, little lady, and try to hang on."
Brisco!
 
Math Is Hard said:
someone's handing Evo an empty jug about now and saying, "just jump in where you can, little lady, and try to hang on."
Actually, it's pretty darned hard to tune a jug properly when it's empty. Of course, it could be pretty tough to tune a jug properly if it's real full, unless you have a lot of helpers to take some of the load.

BTW, my little brother bought a nice larger boat with a center console and and electric-start motor, bilge pump, etc, so I have taken possession of my father's old WTGrant light-weight aluminum boat AND (ta-daa!) his ~1960 Evinrude Lightwin 3. A friend of mine is performing a re-build on the motor, and I hope to have it back soon. What a sweet set-up! I've been pretty much concentrating on pond-fishing with canoes, but this outfit will get me back onto rivers, lakes and larger ponds. If my wife had this combo, I'd have to marry her all over again.
 
Math Is Hard said:
ooh, it's going to be a nice summer for you, turbo!
I'm planning on visiting some back-country fishing spots that were accessible by 4WD and canoe that were a bit of a stretch for me to paddle the whole thing. That little motor can run all day on a (small) tank of mixed gas/oil. Have you rented "Dead River Rough Cut" yet?
 
turbo-1 said:
Have you rented "Dead River Rough Cut" yet?

Not yet. Soon I hope.


Man, I wish Evo would post, or get a message to us. :frown: What on Earth is going on?
 
Math Is Hard said:
Not yet. Soon I hope.


Man, I wish Evo would post, or get a message to us. :frown: What on Earth is going on?

CALM DOWN, I repeat CALM DOWN. Note that you post this at midnight in Kansas. Its a simple little thing called "drug induced sleep". LOL
 
binzing said:
CALM DOWN, I repeat CALM DOWN. Note that you post this at midnight in Kansas. Its a simple little thing called "drug induced sleep". LOL

I know, but it's been 24 hours! WQ (Worry Quietly)