What Are the Best Books to Learn Astrophysics?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Abscissas
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Astrophysics Books
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 3K views
Abscissas
Messages
65
Reaction score
1
Hey i was posting to ask what type of books i can get to make me more knowledgeable on the subject of astrophysics, it could be more general or very specific if you think its worth knowing please lead me to a book that explains. thank you
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you I didn't know they had free books on the internet that you didn't have to steal
 
If there is a free version of that one, I'm not aware of it. I bought my copy.
 
Oh nvm its not free :/ thanks a bunch still I'm definitely going to get it
 
I can recommend two books I did read and, most important, did learn a lot from them:
- An introduction to modern astrophysics (Carroll and Ostlie), very expensive;
- Fundamental astronomy (Karttunen et alli), almost budget

A third choice, perhaps the best one and for free, happens to be written in portuguese: http://astro.if.ufrgs.br/.

Best regards!
 
Thank you all I will look into these sources and get back to you with feedback