What Are the Best Self-Teaching Math Books for Aspiring Physicists?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lolman700
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Mathematics
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
lolman700
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
So I have been interested in physics for a while now, but I have never really cared much for math until now. The teacher I have is terrible and I personally have to look up online what to do because she is terrible at explaining the subject. I know basic algebra with holes in what i know, but as i said i have sparked an interest in physics a while ago. So does anyone know a good textbooks for someone in my situation? The ultimate goal is calculus, but I have read everywhere that understanding calculus requires a strong background in algebra, Something I don't have. I've seen the book
Practical Algebra: A Self-Teaching Guide but it looks just like an introduction to the subject, any opinions on the book?
 
Physics news on Phys.org