What are the different fields of study in physics and their significance?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 9K views
nikkilou
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
What are the different emphasis in physics and where do they take you? I love the whole field and am looking at summer internships, but can't decide on anything more specific in physics. I don't really know what condensed matter physics or nuclear physics or ... (there's so many of them) are relative to one another. What is it that I am actually studying in these fields? Any clarification would be so appreciated!
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Wikipedia again misses a ton of stuff. Please go to the http://www.aps.org/" , and look under Membership Units. These are the actual sub-divisions that all APS members selected as their field of studies.

When you want official information about physics, go to a professional physics organization.

Zz.
 
Last edited by a moderator: