What are the Feynman diagrams for tree-level 5-gluon scattering?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter earth2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Scattering
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
earth2
Messages
82
Reaction score
0
Hey folks,

you don't happen to know where i can find a list of all possible Feynman diagrams contributing to a 5-gluon-amplitude?

I am currently working on a comparison of beyond-feynman-graphs-techniques (colour-ordering, BCF, CSW, MHV,...) and old-school calculations using Feynman rules. My specific example is for tree-level 5-gluon scattering but i can't find a list of of possible Feynman diagrams...

Do you have an idea?

Regards,
earth2
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Hmmm, I think you may need to be more specific. If you allow loops, then there are an infinite number of contributing diagrams. Perhaps your question is slightly different from this?
 
earth2 said:
Hey,

i mean only tree-level diagrams i.e. no loops.

in the QCD lagrangian u only have 3 and 4 gluon vertex
 
ansgar said:
in the QCD lagrangian u only have 3 and 4 gluon vertex

Yes, no one doubts that. But that does not mean that there aren't several ways to connect five gluons via propagators, does it? Never you mind, i solved the problem differently. Thanks.
 
Hi earth2,

Sorry, I spoke with some people but couldn't find a place where the diagrams were listed online. Did you find a good source? I think it's not too hard to just draw them all, but there are quite a few.