What are the Induced Poles in Coaxial Coils Facing a Moving Bar Magnet?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
pratyushag
Messages
12
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement


A bar magnet is moved between 2 coaxial coils A and B as shown in the figure.The end planes of the two coaxial coils facing the magnet due to induction will behave?


Homework Equations





The Attempt at a Solution



My solution:
It will induce south pole in A and B
south pole in A as the coil needs to oppose the magnet
south pole in B because the coil needs to attract the magnhet

(I have read these properties in a book,so I am just applying them but I don't know what's the logic behind them)
 
Attachments
  • physics2.png
    physics2.png
    4 KB · Views: 619
Physics news on Phys.org
pratyushag said:

Homework Statement


magnetic flux have definite direction and they never cross path, always from North to South forming a complete closed loop. think about it.