What Are the Measurements for 3 Plys of Veneer on a 7 7/8 Cylinder Mold?

Each ply is 1/16" thick and the mold was computer cut at the specified diameter. The final measurements for each ply are 24.544", 24.151", and 23.758". In summary, the required measurements for the 3 plys of veneer to fit tightly in the mold are 24.544", 24.151", and 23.758".
jetdob
Hello

I'm wondering if anyone can help me out on a question.I have a mold it is 7 7/8" cylinder (inside diameter) I need to get the measurements for 3 plys of veneer they are 1/16" thick. Thanks

Attachments

• plysizes.jpg
    plysizes.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 432
Mathematics news on Phys.org
Could you explain in a bit more detail? What measurment do you need to get?

I need the length of the plys in inches or mm. The plys are placed in the mold one at a time as you put each one in they get smaller. The plys are 1/16" thick they need to fit in the mold perfectly the mold is a cylinder. It was computer cut at 7 7/8" inside diameter.After the plys are put in their forced tight by air pressure.I need them to fit tightly so the seams are tight. Thanks for your help

Pi * 7 13/16 = 24.544"

Pi * 7 11/16 = 24.151"

Pi * 7 9/16 = 23.758"

thanks

thank you for your help

Related to What Are the Measurements for 3 Plys of Veneer on a 7 7/8 Cylinder Mold?

1. How do I accurately measure the diameter of a circle?

To accurately measure the diameter of a circle, you will need a ruler or measuring tape. Place the ruler or tape measure across the widest part of the circle, passing through the center. Take note of the measurement where the ruler or tape intersects the edge of the circle. This is the diameter of the circle.

2. Can I use a string to measure the diameter of a circle?

Yes, you can use a string to measure the diameter of a circle. Simply place the string across the widest part of the circle, passing through the center, and mark the point where the string intersects the edge of the circle. Then, measure the length of the string to determine the diameter.

3. What is the difference between diameter and radius?

The diameter is the distance across a circle, passing through the center and touching two points on the edge. The radius, on the other hand, is the distance from the center of the circle to any point on the edge. The diameter is always twice the length of the radius.

4. How do I convert diameter measurements to other units of measurement?

To convert diameter measurements to other units, you can use the following conversions: 1 inch = 2.54 centimeters, 1 foot = 12 inches, and 1 meter = 100 centimeters. For example, to convert a diameter of 10 inches to centimeters, you would multiply it by 2.54, resulting in a diameter of 25.4 centimeters.

5. Can I use a digital caliper to measure the diameter of a circle?

Yes, you can use a digital caliper to measure the diameter of a circle. Place the caliper across the widest part of the circle, passing through the center, and read the measurement displayed on the screen. Digital calipers are often more precise than rulers or tape measures, making them a great tool for measuring diameter.