What Are the Numerical Breakdowns and Variations of Earth's Magnetic Fields?

  • Level: Graduate 
  • Thread starter Thread starter Randomize
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Magnetic Numbers
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
Randomize
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
through lots of research I came across a little experiment conducted by Nikola Tesla. This Experiment consisted of magnetizing a sphere to the same the Earth produced in the given area where the experiment was to take place. Taking the spin of the Earth approximate wind effects on the sphere a location was determined and the area was informed of falling objects. Once the Sphere was charged it shot into the air, apparently with great force and speed, never to be seen again.

with that said, I would like to know the numerical break down of Earths magnetic fields and variances that would have and would allow an experiment like that to take place. This would include the construction of the the magnet. How much electricity would be needed to charge a given material to permit the to be repeated?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to PF!

Hi Randomize! Welcome to PF! :smile:
Randomize said:
through lots of research …

:confused: Sorry, but so far as I know this is rubbish …

Tesla did no such thing …

can you please provide a reference and a link for this? :redface:
 
I was young at the time so my note taking is not what is today. But it was a biography written about Tesla by a female author. it was worn by the time I got to the book but I did mange to get all the reference used to write the book. I will look over my notes and see if I did write down the book and ISBN and give that information. If not I will do the research to find the book and then post the information for verification.
 
Okay I found the book, it is "Tesla: Man out of Time" written by Margaret Cheney. The page number is unknown to me. I no longer have the book to get it for you. This should help to support my statement even slightly.
 
While I wait for the book the main point of this post before it's forgotten is acquiring the magnetic wave length(s) and numerical representation of those wave length(s) for the planet. Being that the wave length(s) vary depending on where one is on the planet then a mean number should be able to be acquired. This is what I am looking for.