What are the Paschen and Lyman series in the electromagnetic spectrum?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Jeff97
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Series
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3 replies · 2K views
Jeff97
Messages
92
Reaction score
5
Homework Statement
You can see the question below it's not homework I just don't know the answer and was hoping for one
Relevant Equations
N/A
IMG_3339.JPG


I know that the Lyman series is a series of lines in the ultra-violet. So that means a higher frequency so it will fall on the right of the diagram.

And Paschen is infrared. So a lower frequency so on the left side of the diagram?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Sounds right. I'm sure you could find the answer on line to check for yourself!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Jeff97
PeroK said:
Sounds right. I'm sure you could find the answer on line to check for yourself!
So to answer the question I'd just mark a line on either side and label them respectively then just explain why there found there wow easy!
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: PeroK
Yes IR is lower frequency than to-us visible and UV is higher than visible and x-rays are far to the right and gamma-rays are (to the right) way off the chart.