What Are the Truths About the Center of Mass?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
sheri1987
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Center of Mass --True and False

Homework Statement



The center of mass of an object...

1.True or False exists only if the object is round.
2. True False exists only if the object is symmetric.
3. True False can be used to represent the location of the object's total mass.
4. True False can be represented by any point in the object.
5. True False lies on the axis of symmetry if the object is symmetric.

Homework Equations



I basically used my knowledge to make an educated attempt at this problem, but I am still getting it wrong can you guide me to figuring it out.

The Attempt at a Solution



I put ...1) False, 2)True, 3)True, 4)False, 5)True
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah, I guess I thought too quickly on #2, I looked back on my notes and found out the object doesn't have to be symmetric. Thanks