1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

Testing What book to buy for GRE physics exam

1. Jan 17, 2015 #1
    So I could need any advice concerning the GRE subject exam in Physics. What book to buy is exactl what is going on now in mind. I know there are several publishers with different authors but I can't decide what to buy knowing that time is not on my side. I not GRE books then I might need standard physics books to refresh my memory and solve exercises that come in handy in the exam. So what is your advice on doing great in GRE physics subject exam? I want to benefit from your experience.

Thanks in advance!

2. jcsd
  3. Jan 17, 2015 #2
    Last edited: May 7, 2017
  4. Jan 18, 2015 #3
    I haven't taken the Physics GRE yet, but with the Mathematics GRE I spent a lot of time on Google finding practice tests and free materials. A helpful tip is to actually practice with the 170 minute time limit.

5. Jan 19, 2015 #4
    I have been using this book so far to study myself. One thing I will say is that the questions presented in this book are generally more difficult than those addressed on the actual exam, so I've heard that if you are able to do the questions in the book then you will be fine.

Last edited by a moderator: May 7, 2017
  6. May 31, 2016 #5
    but it is too costly in india.There is no other way to prepare for gre sir??

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted