What books should I read to fill my knowledge gap in tensor analysis?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 3K views
Fantini
Gold Member
MHB
Messages
267
Reaction score
0
I had a badly taught Advanced Linear Algebra course and it covered tensor algebra, resulting in a knowledge gap. What books would you recommend, if any? Exterior algebra, exterior calculus, Clifford and Grassmann algebras included wouldn't be bad ideas as well.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Fantini said:
I had a badly taught Advanced Linear Algebra course and it covered tensor algebra, resulting in a knowledge gap. What books would you recommend, if any? Exterior algebra, exterior calculus, Clifford and Grassmann algebras included wouldn't be bad ideas as well.

Hi Fantini,

For a basic idea about tensors I referred, Schaum's Outlines Vector Analysis (And An Introduction to Tensor Analysis) Once I did a General Relativity course and I found A Brief on Tensor Analysis (Undergraduate Texts in Mathematics) quite good, although I didn't read it apart from the first few chapters.