What can an electronical engineer do?

• Engineering
  • Thread starter track
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Engineering
In summary, the conversation is about the speaker's interest in specializing in electronic engineering and their search for more information on the subject. They have checked their institution's documentation and found limited information on microprocessors, software, and computer hardware. They question if this is enough for a degree in electrical engineering or if it is more suited for an electronics technician. The speaker then mentions their curiosity about a Master's degree in electronics.
track
Can anyone (or everyone) describe to me what electronical engineer can do?
That is one of my options for specialization and I want to know more about it.

Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
Have you checked your institution's documentation and/or syllabus for the specialization?

I did. Couple of sentences about microprocessors, software, computer hardware and that's it.
Is that everything I have to know about electronics?

track said:
I did. Couple of sentences about microprocessors, software, computer hardware and that's it.
Is that everything I have to know about electronics?

That's not enough coursework for an Electrical Engineering degree. Is it for Electronics Technician? How many years long is the program?

On this topic is about Master's degree in electronics (any field).
I'm really curious on this one.

Related to What can an electronical engineer do?

1. What is electronical engineering?

Electronical engineering is a branch of engineering that focuses on the study and application of electricity, electronics, and electromagnetism. It involves designing, developing, testing, and maintaining electronic devices, systems, and components.

2. What are the key skills required for a career in electronical engineering?

Some key skills required for a career in electronical engineering include a strong foundation in mathematics and physics, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, attention to detail, strong communication skills, and proficiency in computer-aided design (CAD) software.

3. What are the typical job roles for an electronical engineer?

Some typical job roles for an electronical engineer include circuit designer, electronics engineer, systems engineer, software engineer, telecommunications engineer, and research and development engineer.

4. What is the difference between electronical engineering and electrical engineering?

Electronical engineering and electrical engineering are closely related fields, but there are some key differences. Electronical engineering focuses more on the design and development of electronic devices and systems, while electrical engineering deals with the generation, transmission, and distribution of electrical power.

5. What are some common applications of electronical engineering?

Electronical engineering has a wide range of applications, including telecommunications, computer hardware and software, medical equipment, transportation systems, renewable energy systems, and consumer electronics.