What can stop jalapeno burn to skin?
- Thread starter Evo
- Start date
-
- Tags
- Skin
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
43 replies · 293K views
Biology news on Phys.org
rameez786cool
its simple
wash burned hand with ripen banana.....its really cool
wash burned hand with ripen banana.....its really cool
DiracPool
- 1,254
- 514
I used to go to this great pho place in the university district, $5 for a big delicious bowl of soup. They have the bean sprouts and the jalepenos on the side. One day I was leaving the restaurant and my eyes were itchy, so I scratched them and almost got in an accident cause I was blinded
SecretMarial
I realize the problem will be long solved, but for people like me, searching for advice on a current pepper/jalapeño burn, I want to add this, dish soap works as a temporary solution, but only for a minute or so. I'm fixing to try some sort of dairy product in a moment. Hands burning, why do we have so many peppers to feed these animals! DXEDIT: I want to let you people know, you helped me a lot. Baking soda all over my hands and wrist worked super and butter eased the pain under my thumbnail a little. Thanks!
Last edited by a moderator:
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Oh, this thread brings back such painful memories.
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 4,458
- 3,266
One thing about experiencing how pepper juices get absorbed by the skin; one time is all it takes to not make the mistake again. http://www.stripers247.com/phpBB2/images/smilies/pepper.gif.pagespeed.ce.quCEruV0yq.gifEvo said:Oh, this thread brings back such painful memories.
Last edited by a moderator:
Lisa!
Gold Member
- 672
- 96
Evo said:Oh, this thread brings back such painful memories.
Yeah but it's funny that members update this thread every year!
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
Lisa! said:Yeah but it's funny that members update this thread every year!![]()
Nooooo.
Homework Helper
- 2,864
- 89
If I'd read this thread sooner I'd have suggested yoghurt. Or milk failing that.
Hornbein
Gold Member
- 4,247
- 3,375
A Mexican-American told me that salt helps. I never tried it.
You could also try urinating on it. That works for jellyfish stings.
You could also try urinating on it. That works for jellyfish stings.
leroyjenkens
- 621
- 49
Hornbein said:A Mexican-American told me that salt helps. I never tried it.
You could also try urinating on it. That works for jellyfish stings.
I know of a video of a chimp doing that because he ate something too spicy. Anyone want to see it?
Evo
Staff Emeritus
- 24,114
- 3,277
You mean the monkey urinating in his mouth?leroyjenkens said:I know of a video of a chimp doing that because he ate something too spicy. Anyone want to see it?
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
- 2,050
- 614
SecretMarial said:I realize the problem will be long solved, but for people like me, searching for advice on a current pepper/jalapeño burn, I want to add this, dish soap works as a temporary solution, but only for a minute or so. I'm fixing to try some sort of dairy product in a moment. Hands burning, why do we have so many peppers to feed these animals! DX
EDIT: I want to let you people know, you helped me a lot. Baking soda all over my hands and wrist worked super and butter eased the pain under my thumbnail a little. Thanks!
Ouch - under the nail really hurts. And the more you mess with it, the more it hurts.
careabea
- 2
- 0
Egg will stop the pain and remove jalapeno from skin. crack cold eggs in a bowl apply to affected area. I'm a Hispanic American from New Mexico have used this many times! because over here HOT CHILI is served with every meal.