1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What career choice after poor grades?

1. May 24, 2015 #1
    So... I cannot choose a career path.
    So lets start with the basics i am ok at math and science poor at english. In GCSE i recieved B in science, C in maths and C in english. I was disappointed as this meant that i could not do A-Level Chem and Bio on college. So now i am doing applied science which is for 'dumb' people, computing which is interesting and R.S which is a filler course.

So my dilemma is where do i go from here? I have an interest in science and technology, i enjoy creating and building things and love to know how things work (i watch alot of documentaries). But i do not know what course to choose for uni, i am mediocore at all the main subjects and i am not sure whether i would be clever enough to carry out the maths within an engineering course or i do not want to work in a lab looking at cells even though i enjoy science. What should i do, i have been looking around on this website and some threads have said that to do engineering you need to be good at maths, i am not.
    So after all that context my question is what career should i pursue that allows me to make things and not be stuck in a laboratory or office? P.s sorry for the long writing.

2. jcsd
  3. May 28, 2015 #2
    Even if you can't get your dream job right away find a way to get your foot in the door and work your way up the old fashioned way. Take a low level job that has a high ladder and climb it!

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook