What Careers Can a Math Graduate Pursue Beyond Teaching?

  • Thread starter Thread starter mixedbluberry
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
mixedbluberry
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I recently graduated from university of CA, Irvine with a Bachelors degree in math
I was going into teaching but i figured out that it is not what i can do because i can not swtay two more years to get a credential.

I changed my path and started looking at what i can do?

I found "an actuary" is one of my possibilities.
I did some research on how to get ready for a job like this...found tests, i have to take and so on.

1. DOES anyone have an idea what are other options for some one with a Bachelprs degree in pure math?

2. How can i get ready for these tests or this job if i never took stats nor probability in my life? Is it possible to succed if i study in my own spare time? or not?

Please help me i feel like i am lost.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
http://www.whenwilliusemath.com/careers
I guess that this should give you the general idea what you can do with your degree...
 
Last edited by a moderator: