What could be some future developments of Explicit Finite Method?

In summary, the conversation discusses the struggles of completing an assignment on future developments of the Explicit Finite Difference Method, with the main takeaway being to not wait until the last minute and to clarify any confusion with the professor. The conversation also touches on the limitations of the Explicit Finite Difference Method and the challenges of understanding the material.
t0mm02
Homework Statement
Suggested improvements to the Explicit Finite Model and future developments
Relevant Equations
No formula
Hello everyone, I have to submit an assignment by Monday and there is only one part of the assignment missing, which is future developments of the Explicit Finite Difference Method. However, I can not do it because I really do not know what exactly he is asking me for on there. Could someone enlighten me, please?

Physics news on Phys.org
...I guess the take-away here is not to wait until 2 days before the deadline before you start thinking about your assignment. If the assignment is unclear, then ask the professor what he means, preferably not in the weekend before the deadline.
We also cannot read the mind of your professor nor can we answer this question without you giving us much more details about what was given in the course and what your ideas are based on what you have learned from the course so far.

Related threads:

What is the relation between stability criterion and time step?

What are the limitations of the Explicit Finite Difference Model?

These forums don't work that well for this sort of open-ended question at the best of times, and I get the impression that the OP does not understand the material sufficiently for them to explain the problems with explicit time integration of finite-difference discretisations or how one might go about mitigating these.

1. What is the Explicit Finite Method?

The Explicit Finite Method is a numerical technique used in computational mechanics to solve partial differential equations. It involves dividing a continuous problem into smaller discrete elements and using explicit equations to approximate the solution at each element.

2. What are some potential future developments of the Explicit Finite Method?

Some potential future developments of the Explicit Finite Method include improving the accuracy and efficiency of the method, extending its applicability to more complex problems, and incorporating advanced algorithms and techniques such as artificial intelligence and machine learning.

3. How can the Explicit Finite Method be applied in different fields?

The Explicit Finite Method has a wide range of applications in various fields such as structural engineering, fluid dynamics, heat transfer, and electromagnetics. It can be used to analyze and predict the behavior of structures and systems under different conditions and loads.

4. What are the limitations of the Explicit Finite Method?

Some limitations of the Explicit Finite Method include its inability to handle problems with large deformations or complex geometries, its sensitivity to mesh distortion, and its reliance on user-defined parameters. These limitations can be addressed through further research and development.

5. How can the Explicit Finite Method be improved for practical use?

The Explicit Finite Method can be improved for practical use by developing more accurate and efficient algorithms, enhancing its robustness and stability, and integrating it with other numerical methods. Additionally, incorporating real-world experimental data and validation techniques can improve the reliability and applicability of the method.