What Diode Has a Low Turn-On Voltage and Through-Hole Termination?

  • Thread starter Thread starter STEMucator
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Diodes Voltage
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 3K views
Homework Helper
Messages
2,076
Reaction score
140
Hi.

I'm wondering if anyone knows the model number of a diode, which has a low forward turn on voltage, and has through-hole termination.

I am aware of the BAT54 Schottky diode series. The turn on voltage is as low as ##0.2 V## for some models, but the problem is they are surface mount components. I intend to use a breadboard for an initial design, so I need through-hole specifically. I may consider surface-mount if I can get my hands on a PCB later on.

If you happen to know any good products, please let me know the model number.

Thank you.
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
If you need a specific part that you can't find a suitable through hole substitute then use the real deal on an adapter:
http://www.capitaladvanced.com/products.htm

This is the brand I usually use but many others exist.

BoB
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: Jeff Rosenbury and meBigGuy
BAT48 (DO-35 package) and BAT 85 (DO-34 package) are both through hole and have very similar characteristics to the part you mention. Plus, they're widely available from all the usual distributors.