What do you think about gyroscopic propulsion? possible?

I am just trying to get a feel for peoples opinions and supporting math/physics on the possibility of gyroscopic propulsion. Do you think it is possible? Why or why not.

Answers and Replies

There is no such thing. You can't produce a net force with a gyroscope, only torque. Total momentum is always conserved.

Don't trust random youtube videos made by crackpots.

Dale
Mentor
Insights Author
2020 Award
I am just trying to get a feel for peoples opinions and supporting math/physics on the possibility of gyroscopic propulsion. Do you think it is possible? Why or why not.
Is there a peer reviewed scientific paper showing that it is possible?

I am not advocating. Just curious about peoples positions. I have reviewed the patents for this proposed technology and viewed them as not poss
Is there a peer reviewed scientific paper showing that it is possible?
I am not sure if there actually is or not. I have seen many patents and they all look like they would not result in any net directional force. I have my own theory but I want to get the theory, facts or opinions of others. Are you in the "maybe" category? So far I have 1 no.

Dale
Mentor
Insights Author
2020 Award
I am not sure if there actually is or not.
Ok, once you are sure please post it and we can discuss it. Otherwise it is at best speculative and therefore not suitable for this forum