What fantasy universe would you live in?

In summary, I love Lord Dunsany's The King Of Elfland's Daughter for its poetic beauty, but I would also prefer Narnia.
Some cyberpunk dystopia. Most of my favourite science fiction comes from the cyberpunk genre, Blade Runner, Akira, etc. I've always been a fan of big cities illuminated by towers of lights, Japan, China, New York, and now places like Dubai, it's like the complete opposite of nature and cyberpunk takes those concepts to the absolute extreme. I guess the reason I like science fiction is because it allows you to experience things that are on the boarders of impossible. I can look into the past, I'm experiencing the now but I can't see the future and I'd love to be able to go there... Perhaps if it weren't for my new found interest and appreciation for historical events.

Physics news on Phys.org
I will go with wonderland.

The fantasy universe where I am insanely rich.

Likes Aufbauwerk 2045
I'd love to be in the Dragon Ball Z universe. I've always fantasized about becoming a Super Saiyan :biggrin:

If I really got to go to one, I'd prefer to write it myself, since I am the only one I realty trust. :)

Likes Aufbauwerk 2045
Space faring civilization. I. LOVE. SPACE!

I'd go with Harry Potter! As a kid, I always dreamed of boarding the Hogwarts express on platform 9¾ and travel to the Hogwarts castle, on the amazingly beautiful train route. I really like the old world where there were castles, big halls, countless passages, candles and lanterns, men with hair wigs etc. Hogwarts is just like that! As an adult now, I have outgrown Harry Potter, but I am still a big fan of places like Hogwarts!

Greg Bernhardt said:
Harry Potter
Harry Potter! I'm dreaming of visiting The Wizarding World of Harry Potter :)

Likes astro_chara
I would choose the Stargate sg1 universe... and grab me a sarcophagus and an Asgard ship and wife me the Orici. ^-^

Definitely Harry Potter's world, I'd love to get my hands on a wand and perform magic :D

Or even a virtual videogame world, like Sword Art Online... though it may be WAY to dangerous

I'd love to be a Planeswalker in Magic The Gathering's multiverse! Or any world in which I could be a sorcerer.

Likes Sorcerer
HPverse for me, too. I'd be happy to be a muggle working for the Ministry of Magic.

Evo said:
The Shire would probably be safe enough for me.
except when saruman invades with uruk hai, the old forest attacks, the Nazgul attack buckland and the white wolves ravage every thing. but other then that relatively safe.

Just hide out at Bilbo's place. It was apparently untouched throughout the entire series.

Likes James Holland
DHF said:
Just hide out at Bilbo's place. It was apparently untouched throughout the entire series.
Bar sarumans invasion

James Holland said:
except when saruman invades with uruk hai, the old forest attacks, the Nazgul attack buckland and the white wolves ravage every thing. but other then that relatively safe.
Except for the most dangerous thing in the Shire, Lobelia Sackville-Baggins.

Likes Sorcerer and James Holland
Noisy Rhysling said:
Except for the most dangerous thing in the Shire, Lobelia Sackville-Baggins.
one must not speak of such things! it is like screaming Mordor whilst watching nazgul in the distance or mocking voldemorts nose. no good can or will come of it!

Likes Sorcerer
I would love to be in the would that was in the book number of the The geometry of the novel's universe contains six dimensions; the three spatial dimensions known to the real world, and three time dimensions - t, the real world's temporal dimension, τ (tau), and т (teh). The continua device can travel on all six axes. The continua device allows travel into various fictional universes, such as the Land of Oz, as well as through time. The device was installed into a modified air car called Gay Deceiver with the cars oun A.I.

Too trendy to say "Dr. Strange's Universe"? 'Cause I read Doc in the early '60s. His was the most "different" of the comic books I had in that two foot x two foot by two foot box in my closet.

Likes CrackerMcGinger, Rubidium_71 and hsdrop
Noisy Rhysling said:
that two foot x two foot by two foot box in my closet.
You too?

Likes CrackerMcGinger
Bystander said:
You too?
Isn't that a requirement for adolescent boys?

Likes CrackerMcGinger
I'd love to live in the harry potter world.
You muggles have no idea how it will be.

Allen_Wolf said:
I'd love to live in the harry potter world.
You muggles have no idea how it will be.
If I could gen up a philosopher's stone I'd be there already.

Likes CrackerMcGinger
It's not a world. It's just a city. I want to live in Gotham city. Also I want to be this man. Don't ask me why :cool:
:biggrin::-p

Captura-de-pantalla-2016-06-10-a-las-15.15.58-256x256.png

DonLak said:
It's not a world. It's just a city. I want to live in Gotham city. Also I want to be this man. Don't ask me why :cool:
:biggrin::-p

Captura-de-pantalla-2016-06-10-a-las-15.15.58-256x256.png
Just remember: "Adventure" is someone a long way away and having a hell of a hard time.

I would live in the halo universe, or that of the Dresden files.

I would not mind bunking up with Keylee in the engine room or Inara as her private pilot. hehe Most likely Keylee throw. lol bouncing around the vers just doing jobs would be heaven for me

I think P S Powers universe as a vamp.

I'd pick the Forge of Empires universe because the whole city belongs to me and I can wipe out buildings and people at a whim I feel particularly maniacal at a given moment.

I think at my age I would like a simple life, so I choose Brigadoon. If I was younger, I might like Xanth, if I were one of the many fortunate folk who have a small magical skill to enjoy.

Likes Noisy Rhysling
Buzz Bloom said:
I think at my age I would like a simple life, so I choose Brigadoon. If I was younger, I might like Xanth, if I were one of the many fortunate folk who have a small magical skill to enjoy.
Well, if you want to live in Xanth you could always move to Florida.

hsdrop said:
Well, if you want to live in Xanth you could always move to Florida.
Hi hsdrop:

Florida and Xanth are geographically the same, but the culture is much different.

Regards,
Buzz

Buzz Bloom said:
Hi hsdrop:

Florida and Xanth are geographically the same, but the culture is much different.

Regards,
Buzz
I know that I was just joking around a little bit was all

There are so many mythconceptions about Xanth.

Likes hsdrop
You know, I was waiting for someone to say something like that :doh::oldeyes:

<h2>1. What is a fantasy universe?</h2><p>A fantasy universe is a fictional realm or world that is created by an author or artist, often with elements of magic, supernatural creatures, and alternate realities.</p><h2>2. Why would someone want to live in a fantasy universe?</h2><p>Many people are drawn to the idea of living in a fantasy universe because it offers an escape from reality and allows them to experience new and exciting adventures that are not possible in their everyday lives.</p><h2>3. What are some popular fantasy universes?</h2><p>Some popular fantasy universes include J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle Earth, J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World, and George R.R. Martin's Westeros. Other well-known examples include the worlds of Narnia, Oz, and Wonderland.</p><h2>4. How do fantasy universes compare to our own world?</h2><p>Fantasy universes often have different rules and laws of nature, allowing for the existence of magic, mythical creatures, and supernatural abilities. They also tend to have more fantastical and imaginative landscapes and cultures.</p><h2>5. What factors should I consider when choosing a fantasy universe to live in?</h2><p>Some factors to consider when choosing a fantasy universe to live in may include the level of danger, the type of magic or powers available, the social and political systems, and the overall aesthetic and atmosphere of the world.</p>

1. What is a fantasy universe?

A fantasy universe is a fictional realm or world that is created by an author or artist, often with elements of magic, supernatural creatures, and alternate realities.

2. Why would someone want to live in a fantasy universe?

Many people are drawn to the idea of living in a fantasy universe because it offers an escape from reality and allows them to experience new and exciting adventures that are not possible in their everyday lives.

3. What are some popular fantasy universes?

Some popular fantasy universes include J.R.R. Tolkien's Middle Earth, J.K. Rowling's Wizarding World, and George R.R. Martin's Westeros. Other well-known examples include the worlds of Narnia, Oz, and Wonderland.

4. How do fantasy universes compare to our own world?

Fantasy universes often have different rules and laws of nature, allowing for the existence of magic, mythical creatures, and supernatural abilities. They also tend to have more fantastical and imaginative landscapes and cultures.

5. What factors should I consider when choosing a fantasy universe to live in?

Some factors to consider when choosing a fantasy universe to live in may include the level of danger, the type of magic or powers available, the social and political systems, and the overall aesthetic and atmosphere of the world.