Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What fantasy universe would you live in?

1. Apr 21, 2013 #1
    We have a SciFi what world would you like in, now what fantasy world would you pick to live in?

examples are, Middle Earth, Narnia, Harry Potter, Shangri-La, Neverland, Gulliver’s World, Oz, Wonderland...

2. jcsd
  3. Apr 22, 2013 #2
    All of those are not romantic enough, in the poetic sense. I love the worlds of the old romantics, although I wouldn't want to live in HP Lovecraft's worlds, I want to live in his realm of wonder, where things are beyond comprehension. So, to pick a fantasy realm I have to go to Lord Dunsany's The King Of Elfland's Daughter. Tragic, yet beautiful, but one can live in this world and the other if they can remember what they love about the other world.

Lord Dunsany, HP Lovecraft, they wrote fantasy as the metaphysics of their time. It was other dimensions, HP Lovecraft even wrote about gods as being vectors through an ulmnidimentional spacetime....I miss writers like those.

4. Apr 22, 2013 #3
    For me, I'd want something interesting, but not too dangerous! So Narnia would be it :)

5. Apr 22, 2013 #4
    The National Enquirer

6. Apr 22, 2013 #5
    I would like middle earth ,i would want live in the shire, in one those cute little warm hobbit holes surrounded by green pastures.

7. Apr 22, 2013 #6
  8. Apr 22, 2013 #7
    I'd love Narnia.

9. Apr 23, 2013 #8
    Haha! The quiz gave me Middle Earth, but (as I mentioned in the other thread) I'd prefer Narnia.

10. Apr 23, 2013 #9
    The Shire would be pretty nice to live in!

11. Apr 23, 2013 #10

Evo

Staff: Mentor

The Shire would probably be safe enough for me.

12. Apr 23, 2013 #11
    Lots of soft grasses :)

13. Apr 23, 2013 #12

Evo

:smile:

14. Apr 23, 2013 #13

jedishrfu

15. Apr 24, 2013 #14
    How about the World of Warcraft? I'd probably pick that...

16. Apr 24, 2013 #15
    I'd like (hope it counts as a fantasy world, or is too close to reality? hehe) to experience meeting allien races like in Star Trek (probably would first need my IQ to be boosted over 200 lol)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2013
  17. Apr 28, 2013 #16

BobG

Science Advisor
    Homework Helper

Wonderland since 42 is my second favorite number.

Especially Rule 42: "All persons more than a mile high to leave the court." All persons in my town are more than a mile high - in fact our elevation is over 6000 feet.

18. Apr 28, 2013 #17
    That gave me Wonderland, although that might be a little too weird for me. I think that I would actually prefer Rivendell, it would be amazing to be surrounded by such beauty with relative safety comparable to the Shire. Hopefully given that it seems Rivendell is important to LOTR there would be a nice flow of other humans passing through/living there to supplement the elves who I imagine might have a quite different personality than me.

19. Jun 28, 2013 #18

HayleySarg

Gold Member

Middle Earth, hands down.

If I picked my own? Eh, I'll get some flack for this one, but Azeroth, definitely. Specifically Darnassus. I'd be happy to be a peaceful Night Elf forever.

20. Jul 16, 2013 #19
    I've been stuck in New Eden.

21. Jul 16, 2013 #20
    LOL someone said the world of warcraft!!!! HAHahahaha
    So you could live for about 30 seconds then get ganked by a mentally stunted 12 year old as soon as you step foot outside a city? hahaha Enjoy.

Ill stick with Narnia

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted