What Happens to Energy When a Ball Bounces off a Wall?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
yamugushi
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Change in momentum of a ball

Please note, instead of making a new thread I just edited my new question into this thread

Homework Statement


A ball is rolled into a wall and bounces back at the same speed, the change in momentum is?

Homework Equations


Ein = Eout

The Attempt at a Solution


I thought it was m(v) but I got it wrong (doing test corrections ATM)
 
Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Conservation of energy.

Where does that 100J go when the bow is pulled back and held in place? After the archer releases, where is the energy at the instant when the arrow leaves the bow, and how does that help you estimate its velocity at that instant?
 
JaWiB said:
Conservation of energy.

Where does that 100J go when the bow is pulled back and held in place? After the archer releases, where is the energy at the instant when the arrow leaves the bow, and how does that help you estimate its velocity at that instant?
Oh, I get it, set Ep
to Ek
I was looking at W - P equations