What happens when you connect 10,000 V to a normal tube light?

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
7 replies · 2K views
prashant singh
Messages
56
Reaction score
2
  • suppose I connect a 10,000 v supply to a normal tube light. what will happen? will it behave like a cathode ray tube or something else
 
Engineering news on Phys.org
prashant singh said:
suppose I connect a 10,000 v supply to a normal tube light. what will happen? will it behave like a cathode ray tube or something else
So, what do you mean by "a normal tube light"?
 
https://www.google.co.in/search?q=tube+light&biw=1024&bih=643&tbm=isch&imgil=Q-yGpu8C7MjHgM%253A%253BYPmLt9ZTJGMYfM%253Bhttp%25253A%25252F%25252Fwww.fireflycn.com%25252F4-1-fluorescent-tube-light.html&source=iu&pf=m&fir=Q-yGpu8C7MjHgM%253A%252CYPmLt9ZTJGMYfM%252C_&usg=__7qANxMLtpoyw-u4E9sQd6k3CRuc%3D&dpr=1&ved=0ahUKEwiFwojK5ZTLAhUHGI4KHZ46AQMQyjcITw&ei=ke_PVsW1D4ewuASe9YQY#imgrc=Q-yGpu8C7MjHgM%3A house tube light
 
then how to make a cathode ray tube , without using vacuum pump or tube because it will cost more,
 
just to see the flow of electrons and its magnetic behaviour
 
I'm sorry but high-voltage electricity and vacuums are dangerous to those without the proper training. If you'd like to continue this project then please find someone local to work with who is properly trained. Thread locked.
 
  • Like
Likes   Reactions: prashant singh