What has thermal energy but not heat? (and vice versa)

Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
2 replies · 2K views
TestTomorrow
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
This isn't homework, so i thought it could go here.

1) What has thermal energy but not heat?
2) What has heat but not thermal energy
3) What effects angular momentum?
 
Physics news on Phys.org
are these questions posed by a book or teacher?

for 3) i would rephrase the question as "what is required for a change in angular momentum". I think that might be what the question is after.

If I'm on the right track, 1) and 2) are also poorly phrased questions that can be answered by considering the first law. I might be off track though.
 
It's from a teacher for on a test.

I know thermal energy is the energy of motion from particles or atoms. And that heat is energy transfer.