What i have to study to be Specialist in nanobiology

  • Topic: Biology 
  • Thread starter Thread starter markone2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Study
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
5 replies · 4K views
markone2
Messages
27
Reaction score
0
i have ready finish my Undergraduate Study in Biochemistry so i want complete my Study to
Be Specialist in nanobiology
relay i need this help
thank to every one...
 
Physics news on Phys.org
I'm not sure where you're studying biochemistry, but at my school the biochemistry major is combined with molecular biology (I would imagine it's like this most universities). I don't know much about biology, but if you have a solid background in molecular biology, nanobiology should pretty much just be an extension of this study. I'm not sure what your question is, but I guess just keep studying and you'll work your way into nanobiology eventually.
 
you right i am study biology but the problem i didn't know about nanobiology so i just didn't know
where i have start and and right way should be select
please someone show me how can i start
i have question without any correct answer
 
I don't think you can call "nanobiology" a "proper" field, it sound very much like re-branded molecular biology or maybe biochemistry.
The word "nano" was a buzzword a few years ago and quite a few universities/departments/groups decided to either start new groups or re-name existing research/programs to include the word "nano". Very few of those were (or are) actually working at the nanoscale (meaning nanoscale "engineering") and much of it was just chemistry.
Lately the word "bio" has appeared everywhere (and if you were doing nano-bio you could almost be sure to get funding) although that word has also been overused.
Looking at FP7 and other documents it seems "environmental" is the way to go, I am sure it is only a mater of time before there are groups for "environmental computer science", "environmental electronics" etc at some universities...


On a more serious note it is perhaps worth pointing out that it CAN be a bit risky to get a degree with a name that includes a buzzword; I actually had the opportunity to choose whether I wanted a PhD in physics or nanoscience (my department could award PhDs in both fields), I chose the former which turned out to be wise. Most people knows what a physicist does but very few have even heard of a "nanoscientist"; especially outside academia. Having a degree in "nanobiology" could certainly give you problems in the future, even if it turns out that you have basically studied biochemistry (when was the last time you saw an job ad where someone was looking for a nanobiologist?).