What is a good material for staging furniture

Mary waylde

Main Question or Discussion Point

It must be light strong and inexpensive. This would be used to make staging furniture. So it is moved often.

Answers and Replies

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
2019 Award
Why not use real furniture? If you make something special purpose and one of a kind, it will be expensive, and that will violate the "inexpensive" requirement.

Mary waylde
We use real couches, cheap ones that are light. . It is tables and bed that are the problem. I want to make something we can snap together that is light. But strong so it lasts. People don't use the furniture so maybe strong may have been the wrong word but durable would be better. We want to create something that with the exception of couches one person could move. Also something that is easily assembled and disassembled so it can be easily transported and stored.

berkeman
Mentor
Welcome to the PF, Mary. :smile:

"Staging" has a particular meaning for the military and for Fire and EMS. Your post seems to be asking about somehting else. Can you give some examples, maybe UPLOAD a couple of pictures, and post some links?

People don't use the furniture
LOL, who/what uses this furniture? Hamsters? Zebras?

"Staging" here is a real estate term. It means decorating a room for show so it can sell better.

@Mary waylde
Probably the best thing to do would be to use inflatable mattresses and IKEA frames

Likes berkeman
256bits
Gold Member
Also something that is easily assembled and disassembled so it can be easily transported and stored.

Use your imagination for props.

Preston Leggett
Inflatable Couches/Beds might be useful.:smile::smile:

Vanadium 50
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Education Advisor
2019 Award
I agree - air mattresses are the way to go.

berkeman
Mentor
"Staging" here is a real estate term. It means decorating a room for show so it can sell better.
Oooohhhh! I guess I should have thought of that (sold our house a couple years ago, and it was indeed staged).

Thanks Dale. No zebras were harmed in this thread. o0)

Khashishi
Science Advisor
Is this really a physics question? I suppose everything is physics in the end...

berkeman
Mentor
Is this really a physics question? I suppose everything is physics in the end...
Good point -- moved to the General Discussion forum... :smile: