Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is a good material for staging furniture

1. Jul 23, 2017 #1
    It must be light strong and inexpensive. This would be used to make staging furniture. So it is moved often.

2. jcsd
  3. Jul 23, 2017 #2

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Why not use real furniture? If you make something special purpose and one of a kind, it will be expensive, and that will violate the "inexpensive" requirement.

4. Jul 23, 2017 #3
    We use real couches, cheap ones that are light. . It is tables and bed that are the problem. I want to make something we can snap together that is light. But strong so it lasts. People don't use the furniture so maybe strong may have been the wrong word but durable would be better. We want to create something that with the exception of couches one person could move. Also something that is easily assembled and disassembled so it can be easily transported and stored.

5. Jul 23, 2017 #4

berkeman

Staff: Mentor

Welcome to the PF, Mary. :smile:

"Staging" has a particular meaning for the military and for Fire and EMS. Your post seems to be asking about somehting else. Can you give some examples, maybe UPLOAD a couple of pictures, and post some links?

LOL, who/what uses this furniture? Hamsters? Zebras?

6. Jul 23, 2017 #5

Dale

"Staging" here is a real estate term. It means decorating a room for show so it can sell better.

@Mary waylde
    Probably the best thing to do would be to use inflatable mattresses and IKEA frames

7. Jul 24, 2017 #6

Use your imagination for props.

8. Jul 24, 2017 #7
    Inflatable Couches/Beds might be useful.:smile::smile:

9. Jul 24, 2017 #8

Vanadium 50

Staff Emeritus
    Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

I agree - air mattresses are the way to go.

10. Jul 24, 2017 #9

berkeman

Oooohhhh! I guess I should have thought of that (sold our house a couple years ago, and it was indeed staged).

Thanks Dale. No zebras were harmed in this thread. o0)

11. Jul 24, 2017 #10
    Is this really a physics question? I suppose everything is physics in the end...

12. Jul 24, 2017 #11

berkeman

Good point -- moved to the General Discussion forum... :smile:

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook

Have something to add?
Draft saved Draft deleted