What is a good verilog tutorial/book

• Thread starter polaris90
  • Start date
In summary, a good Verilog tutorial or book should provide a comprehensive and easy-to-follow guide for learning the Verilog hardware description language. It should cover the basic concepts and syntax of Verilog, as well as more advanced topics such as design hierarchy, modeling, and simulation. Additionally, a good tutorial or book should include practical examples and exercises to help readers apply their knowledge and improve their skills. It should also be up-to-date with the latest versions of Verilog and include tips and tricks from experienced Verilog users. Overall, a good Verilog tutorial or book should be a valuable resource for anyone looking to learn or improve their proficiency in this important language for digital hardware design.
polaris90
I'm trying to learn verilog programming because I have to for a class. However they have a tutorial that doesn't explain anything. What is a recommended book or website where I can learn to program using verilog

Engineering news on Phys.org
polaris90 said:
I'm trying to learn verilog programming because I have to for a class. However they have a tutorial that doesn't explain anything. What is a recommended book or website where I can learn to program using verilog

Get thee to ASIC world!

http://www.asic-world.com/verilog/

There are many resources available for learning Verilog programming, but it can be overwhelming to find the best one for your needs. One highly recommended book is "Verilog HDL: A Guide to Digital Design and Synthesis" by Samir Palnitkar. It provides a comprehensive and easy-to-follow introduction to Verilog, with plenty of examples and exercises to help you practice and understand the concepts.

Another great resource is the website Verilog HDL Tutorial by Deepak Kumar Tala. It offers a step-by-step guide to Verilog programming, starting from the basics and gradually building up to more complex topics. The site also includes interactive simulations and code examples to help you better understand the material.

Additionally, many universities and online learning platforms offer free or paid Verilog courses that provide hands-on practice and in-depth explanations of the language. Some popular options include Coursera, Udemy, and edX.

Ultimately, the best way to learn Verilog is to practice, so make sure to work on coding projects and seek out additional resources as needed. Good luck with your studies!

1. What is Verilog and why is it important to learn?

Verilog is a hardware description language used for designing and simulating digital circuits. It is important for scientists to learn because it allows for the creation of complex digital systems that can be easily tested and debugged.

2. What are the key features of a good Verilog tutorial/book?

A good Verilog tutorial/book should cover the basics of the language, such as syntax and data types, as well as advanced topics like timing and testbenches. It should also include plenty of examples and exercises for hands-on practice.

3. Are there any recommended Verilog tutorials/books for beginners?

There are many good Verilog tutorials/books available for beginners, such as "Verilog by Example: A Concise Introduction for FPGA Design" by Blaine Readler and "FPGA Prototyping By Verilog Examples: Xilinx Spartan-3 Version" by Pong P. Chu.

4. Are there any online resources for learning Verilog?

Yes, there are many online resources for learning Verilog, including tutorials, videos, and forums. Some popular websites include Verilog Tutorial (verilogtutorial.info), Verilog HDL (veriloghdl.com), and ASIC World (asic-world.com).

5. How long does it take to learn Verilog?

The time it takes to learn Verilog varies depending on the individual's prior knowledge and level of dedication. However, with consistent practice and studying, one can become proficient in Verilog within a few months.