What is the amount of money (in Rs.) that Akbar has?

• Thread starter silver_chatgood
  • Start date
The key is to assign the variable to one of the unknowns and then write the other unknowns in terms of that variable. In this problem, the statement "the amount of money Ali has" translates to the variable Ali and the variable Akbar will be written in terms of Ali and so on. I think this should help you get started.In summary, to solve this problem you must assign a variable to one of the unknowns and then express the other unknowns in terms of that variable. By doing this, you can form a system of equations and solve for the unknowns.
silver_chatgood
1. Ali, Akbar, and Lal have a total of Rs. 390. Ali has 5 times as much as Lal, and Akbar has 3/4 as much as Ali. How much money (in Rs.) does Akbar have?

Homework Equations

The Attempt at a Solution

Physics news on Phys.org
Welcome to Physics forums! In order for us to be able to help you, you must show us that you have given the problem a good try for yourself, because we don't do your homework for you, we can only help. Fill out the homework help template given to you, you just left 2 sections blank! You are most likely to get help if you tell us where exactly you need it, where are you stuck. Also, make the title of the threads for informative, for this thread I would perhaps have named it "Elementary Algebra". The only hint I will give is to let the amount of money Ali has be equal to x.

Thanx 4 reply but In few days I am going to give the test of university I heard that type of problem comes in the tests I have got the three tests like that Some of the problem of them I have done but this one I haven't tried best and I was totally confused abt this so I need the solution of this problem If u don't want to give me the answer then please give the solution of that type of other problem that u want that would be suitable for me and I will get the real way of doing the problem such kinds of but any ways thanks again. I will be thanful to u.thanxxx

ALLAH BLESS U

The first step is to translate the givin information into math statements:

Let Al = Ali ; Ak = Akbar ; L = Lal

you are given

Al + Ak + L = 390

and

5Al = L

and

[tex] \frac 3 4 Ak = Al [/tex]

now can you put these statements together for yourself?

This problem is tricky because it may force you to translate in terms of reciprocals, depending on whose value you assign to the variable. This is still just an elementary algebra problem. My approach would be to let the variable equal the Rs that Lal has, and transcribe accordingly. The transcription on this approach may be easier.

The sum of the terms of the variable equal 390 Rs; find the variable; then find the Rs that Akbar has.

You have 3 which is unknowns, which means 3 equation
Ali = A Akbar= B Lal = C
A+B+C=390
A/5=C
B*3/4=AI wonder how gib z would write this
"The only hint I will give is to let the amount of money Ali has be equal to x."

He would prolly write it in a more mathematically usable way

Last edited:
No, using "x" instead of "A" is no different mathematically!

Related to What is the amount of money (in Rs.) that Akbar has?

1. What is the definition of a problem solution?

A problem solution is a proposed answer or resolution to a specific issue or challenge that is causing difficulty or hindrance.

2. How do you identify the root cause of a problem?

To identify the root cause of a problem, it is important to analyze and gather information about the issue, identify any patterns or trends, and ask critical questions to determine the underlying cause.

3. What are some effective problem-solving strategies?

Some effective problem-solving strategies include brainstorming, breaking the problem down into smaller parts, considering different perspectives, and evaluating potential solutions before making a decision.

4. How can teamwork contribute to finding a problem solution?

Teamwork can contribute to finding a problem solution by bringing together different perspectives, skills, and ideas. Collaboration and communication within a team can also help to identify and address potential roadblocks or obstacles.

5. What are some common barriers to implementing a problem solution?

Some common barriers to implementing a problem solution include lack of resources or support, resistance to change, and fear of failure. It is important to address these barriers and come up with a plan to overcome them in order to successfully implement a solution.