What is the Behavior of Solutions of a DE with Limits as t Approaches Infinity?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ehabmozart
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Limits
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
1 reply · 2K views
ehabmozart
Messages
212
Reaction score
0

Homework Statement



Find the general solution of the given differential equation, and use it to determine how
solutions behave as t→∞.

y' − 2y = 3et



Homework Equations



DE

The Attempt at a Solution



After some work, I got y=-3et+ce2t . Now I have problems in getting the limit as t goes to infinity. C can possibly be a positive or negative value. In case it is -ve, the answer goes to negative infinity. If it is positive, I can't really figure out what would the limit be. In the book however, it is written that 'It follows
that all solutions will increase exponentially'. HOW?
 
Physics news on Phys.org