What is the best engineering major for me

In summary, the conversation suggests that the person is a high school student in UAE who loves physics, math, and chemistry and wants to pursue a career in engineering. They are looking for a major that includes these subjects and is important for success in the field. Suggestions were given for Chemical engineering, Mechanical engineering, Geophysics, Biomedical engineering, and Materials science/engineering. Petroleum engineering was also mentioned as a suitable option. The person is concerned about the presence of physics and chemistry in their chosen major and is seeking help in making a decision.
rashida564
hi everyone , I have one small question , i am a high school student in UAE i love physics , math and chemistry i want to be an engineer what is the best major that Contains all of my love subject not only Contains but also be an important subject to success on the major .
sorry if i write a lot of words
and also sorry if i make a grammar mistake because the english language isn't my Mother language

Physics news on Phys.org
Living in UAE and with liking for physics , chemistry and engineering suggests a career in the oil and petrochemical industries might suit you well .

So Chemical engineering , Mechanical engineering or Geophysics ?

i have also one small question is there a lot of physics in Chemical engineering i can't Imagine my life without physics and is there a chemistry in mechanical engineering i also can't Imagine my life without any chemistry
and thank you very much
Nidum

can anybody help me please

Chemical engineering or Biomedical engineering sound like good options for you. Mechanical engineering would be good, but it does not really use chemistry.

Materials science/engineering. This has everything you are looking for. It is a very interdisciplinary field and lot of materials science professors have dual appointments in other departments. Two of the professors I worked for in undergrad, one in chemistry and one in physics have dual appointments in MSE.

Likes mechpeac
Here are some options..

-Chemical Engineer: Mostly chemistry
-Eletrical Engineer: Mostly math. Some physics, no chemistry.
-Mechanical Engineer: Mostly physics. No chemistry.
-Materials Science/ Engineering: Pretty even mixture of the three.

Personally, I'd say either Chemical or Materials engineering. All engineering majors have math and (most) have physics, but only a few have a lot of chemistry.

petroleum engineering . suits the 3 subjects and location as well

thank you very much

1. What are the top engineering majors?

The top engineering majors vary depending on the industry and current job market demand. However, some of the most popular and in-demand engineering majors include computer science, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, civil engineering, and chemical engineering.

2. How do I choose the best engineering major for me?

Choosing the best engineering major for you depends on your interests, strengths, and career goals. Consider what type of work you enjoy, which subjects you excel at, and what industries you are interested in working in. Researching the job market and talking to professionals in different engineering fields can also help you make an informed decision.

3. What are the job prospects for different engineering majors?

The job prospects for different engineering majors vary, but overall, the engineering field is expected to continue growing in the coming years. Some majors, such as computer science and electrical engineering, have particularly high demand and growth potential. It is important to research the job market and talk to professionals in your desired field to get a better understanding of the job prospects.

4. What are the differences between engineering majors?

Each engineering major has its own unique focus and application. For example, mechanical engineering deals with designing and building mechanical systems, while computer science focuses on software development and coding. It is important to research and understand the specific skills and applications of each engineering major to determine which aligns best with your interests and career goals.

5. Are there any prerequisites for specific engineering majors?

Yes, most engineering majors have specific prerequisites, such as certain math and science courses. It is important to research the specific requirements for the engineering major you are interested in pursuing and make sure you have completed or are on track to complete the necessary prerequisites.