1. Limited time only! Sign up for a free 30min personal tutor trial with Chegg Tutors
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is the best engineering major for me

1. Feb 11, 2016 #1
    hi everyone , I have one small question , i am a high school student in UAE i love physics , math and chemistry i want to be an engineer what is the best major that Contains all of my love subject not only Contains but also be an important subject to success on the major .
    sorry if i write a lot of words
    and also sorry if i make a grammar mistake because the english language isn't my Mother language

2. jcsd
  3. Feb 11, 2016 #2

Nidum

Science Advisor
    Gold Member

Living in UAE and with liking for physics , chemistry and engineering suggests a career in the oil and petrochemical industries might suit you well .

So Chemical engineering , Mechanical engineering or Geophysics ?

4. Feb 11, 2016 #3
    i have also one small question is there a lot of physics in Chemical engineering i can't Imagine my life without physics and is there a chemistry in mechanical engineering i also can't Imagine my life without any chemistry
    and thank you very much
    Nidum

5. Feb 13, 2016 #4
    can anybody help me plz

6. Feb 13, 2016 #5
    Chemical engineering or Biomedical engineering sound like good options for you. Mechanical engineering would be good, but it does not really use chemistry.

7. Feb 14, 2016 #6

radium

Science Advisor
    Education Advisor

Materials science/engineering. This has everything you are looking for. It is a very interdisciplinary field and lot of materials science professors have dual appointments in other departments. Two of the professors I worked for in undergrad, one in chemistry and one in physics have dual appointments in MSE.

8. Feb 14, 2016 #7
    Here are some options..

-Chemical Engineer: Mostly chemistry
    -Eletrical Engineer: Mostly math. Some physics, no chemistry.
    -Mechanical Engineer: Mostly physics. No chemistry.
    -Materials Science/ Engineering: Pretty even mixture of the three.

Personally, I'd say either Chemical or Materials engineering. All engineering majors have math and (most) have physics, but only a few have a lot of chemistry.

9. Feb 15, 2016 #8

WIN

petroleum engineering . suits the 3 subjects and location as well

10. Feb 16, 2016 #9
    thank you very much

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook