Dismiss Notice
Join Physics Forums Today!
The friendliest, high quality science and math community on the planet! Everyone who loves science is here!

What is the best language for photoshop?

Tags:
  1. Nov 28, 2013 #1
    Hi, I recently got photoshop and was wondering how one would go about adding your own shaders/plugins. I am familiar with basic image algorithms and techniques:supereagle, 2xsai, supersampling, rasterization ect and can code in C++ which I heard was the main language for these things. Should I just use C++ or learn GSLS or rederman?. Thanks for any help/opinions.

2. jcsd
  3. Nov 29, 2013 #2
    The Photoshop SDK is a bunch of C-language header files.

While one probably could be smart and use other languages for that, solid knowledge of C would be required. I am not sure whether the header files are directly compatible with C++; to use C++ where C is supposed to be used, one has to know both C++ and C very well.

4. Nov 30, 2013 #3
    Oh.That sucks, I hear the SDK has virtually no help/support online. So I couldn't just use GSLS? I just intentd on making simple shaders.

5. Nov 30, 2013 #4
    I have no idea what GSLS is. After another look at the SDK, it seems to support C++ natively.

There might be third-party wrappers for other languages, but you would have to look for them.

Know someone interested in this topic? Share this thread via Reddit, Google+, Twitter, or Facebook