What is the Best Saxophone Song?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,151 replies · 585K views
Oh Me-Nirvana (Meatpuppets cover)
As played on Unplugged, is really great.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUXV9I_TEGw

A really simply and beautiful song!


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXAErjvQwlQ
Anothero one ...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0UT2MpdWnc

A really beautiful song by James Blunt
 
Last edited by a moderator:
BobG said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0UT2MpdWnc

A really beautiful song by James Blunt


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQU56V7ypUA





I really love his songs! :approve:

James Blunt - No Bravery

(couldn't find good video:()
 
Last edited by a moderator:
rootX said:
I really love his songs! :approve:

James Blunt - No Bravery

(couldn't find good video:()


That's a good video for that song, even if it's the wrong war. He wrote that song when he was stationed in Kosovo in '99 as an officer in the British military. Then again, if you strip away the reasons, I guess every war is pretty much the same.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
turbo-1 said:
We lost Levi Stubbs - a real talent. If you can remember the first time you heard this song on AM radio, you might be able to remember the rest of the '60s. I LOVED Motown!



Even though I wasn't around then, my mother was addicted to Motown. It definitely rubbed off on me.

Walker & The All Stars - Shotgun


GOT TO GIVE IT UP - MARVIN GAYE


Marvin Gaye "Ain't That Peculiar" live 1965


Stevie Wonder - Uptight (Everything's Alright)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQiqnG36nkI
 
Sabaton, 40-1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-z4DZF9pz2I

Hardly BSE, but they got a lot of publicity here lately for obvious reasons.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Wizna

Wiki article states that "The heroic struggle against overwhelming odds is nowadays one of the symbols of the Polish Defensive War of 1939 and is a part of Polish popular culture." IMHO that's not entirely true - battle was not popularly known prior to Sabaton song.
 
I love this song. Julia by the Beatles.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
This is one of my all time favorites "When I touch you" by Spirit.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Continuing from Enya ->

Enigma - Return to innocence

 
Last edited by a moderator:
New favorite band (to add to all my other favorites: Rise Against, they're really good.

Oh, also, I must recommend Elliott Smith, he was really amazing, and had about 5 or 6 of his songs on the Good Will Hunting soundtrack.
 
I probably posted this already but was reminded this morning of John Denver, who was always a favorite of mine. This was surely one of his best songs:

Very beautiful - Annie's Song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C21G2OkHEYo

I always loved Calypso, which was dedicated to the work of Jacques Cousteau. Profits went to the Cousteau foundation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vl7aM3nCqC0
 
Once again, a dreadful song...

I don't really know why I like this kind of stuff.



It's so monotonous...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A song that I grew up to:

EverLast - What It's like
4z9f9Eybv4I[/youtube] Nothing amazing musically, but the lyrics are good in my opinion.
 
Black Flag- Nervous Breakdown

Best musically? Not even close.
Best lyrically? Nope!

Had the biggest impact in my life? Check!

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Possibly the opportunity to solve the clue for ‘evo’ occurred because Devo may not readily spring to mind for some, so to share, here is a favourite ‘freedom of choice’ -

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=I9hpMgKI_NU
( some wise words from this gem have been quoted previously at pf ).

And interestingly, Devo anagrammised(?) themselves, too, in a different way than Gokul did, when performing for the Church of SubGenius ( pre Flying Spaghetti Monster) as the pseudo Christian soft rock group, Dove (the band of love)-

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=f_k8JAMGXiI&feature=related
 
Last edited:
How about:

Angel-Massive Attack
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Elliott Smith: Shooting Star, Waltz #2, so many others...wish I could get you guys links, but alas...dialup...