What is the Best Saxophone Song?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,151 replies · 585K views
Physics news on Phys.org
Donovan - Atlantis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=leI7sfmipuI&feature=related
 
Trans-Siberian Orchestra - Christmas Canon Rock

I think I'm in love with Danielle landherr.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA9DmSfufSQ
 
White Rabbit, by Jefferson Airplane...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AVER6hyoyJo&feature
 
"I Fought the Law," by Bobby Fuller...late rockabilly...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sNnJJTju-Q
 
Neat trick embedding.

a88-Tyl1gkI[/youtube] Enya, Orinoco Flow
 
Nikki Nelson replaced Paulette Carlson in the group Highway 101, and this is maybe my favorite song from that group. Bing Bang Boom Warning: catchy-lyrics alert at around 1:00.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Can we post instrumental songs? If so:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
andre said:
neat Trick Embedding.

a88-tyl1gki[/youtube] Enya, Orin...t I didn't know the name until you posted it.
 
RunSwimSurf said:
Check out their Greatest Hits '82-89. It has that song and their other good ones (Hard to Say I'm sorry, Will you still Love me, What Kind of Man Would I be, Look Away)

([proceeds to squeal and run off to sing to the music)

Thanks
 
3EVTmLuS6Sc[/youtube] This song (t...en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spawn_(comics[/PLAIN] )
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Weird Al's "That's your horoscope for today."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=26IOww0gO1w
 
Meet a new band from Seattle - Fleet Foxes.

I don't care much for the video but I love the song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DrQRS40OKNE
 
The Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAFlJOvDDTM
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZ78f1gUa5Q

Two of the best violinists I have ever heard.
 
Dumb video, but an awesome song: Bittersweet symphony...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zx3m4e45bTo
 
Naked Eyes, "Always Something There to Remind Me."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ExVRfKHHRw
 
Britney Spears "Piece Of Me", she just won an MTV award for it.



Maybe not one of the Best Songs Ever, but certainly the best song ever made by Britney. The sound is cool and the text is probably one of the most intelligent things she ever said (even if the paparazzi bashing contains some hypocrisy...)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oberst Villa said:
Britney Spears "Piece Of Me", she just won an MTV award for it.



Maybe not one of the Best Songs Ever, but certainly the best song ever made by Britney. The sound is cool and the text is probably one of the most intelligent things she ever said (even if the paparazzi bashing contains some hypocrisy...)


I'll just say it straight to you. It is the worst song EVER. They gave the awards to her out of MERCY. I listened to it yesterday, because I was wondering, just how good this song was. It was awful. All her new, "songs" if you can call them that, have her whispering/ supposively singing, something. Her songs at the beginning of her career, actually had her using her voice to the fullest. The whole reason we have singers is because they can sing notes that we cannot, thus make a song sound better than the average person can make it sound. I can fake a breathy voice and, "sing," her song and sound the same as her. This would mean that this song isn't a song at all! Whitney Houston has songs that I love but saddly cannot sing. I can't get to the pitches she does when I try to sing her songs. (sad but true) That is what I call music. I don't even know what people listen to these days and call, music.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
~christina~ said:
he whole reason we have singers is because they can sing notes that we cannot, thus make a song sound better than the average person can make it sound.

I definitely agree. Do you know late Ivan Rebroff? (note the 4.5 octaves range)

SSiFASGKjBI[/youtube] [url]4YqjV...1CGzk[/youtube] [url]4ZIFhJ6fyzk[/youtube]
 
Christina, Andre: I have the highest respect for the contributions of both of you to the forum, and I have in no way the intention to insult you or hurt your feelings, in case you feel strongly about the kind of music you like. But: If your opinions stay unopposed, this fine thread might degenerate into a meeting place for opera-buffs, classical-music-buffs and who-knows-what-else-buffs !

Music is NOT about singing notes that other people cannot sing ! It is about sounds that massage your brain cells and make your neurons fire ! Please have a look at this https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=1800580&postcount=746 post and you will understand what I mean (or so I hope) !

Finally, as an indication that I do not write this with the intention of making you angry, here is a song that is currently high in the German charts and which might be close to your hearts or at least very much closer than to my heart ! I think it is a tragic mistake that this song ever got in our charts, probably because casting shows in general are very popular in Germany, and Paul Potts surely looks like a nice guy. Anyway, here it is:

"Nessun Dorma" by Paul Potts


DISCLAIMER (for all): This is definitely NOT a song I consider one of the best ever, please read the paragraph above for an explanation !
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Oberst Villa said:
Christina, Andre: I have the highest respect for the contributions of both of you to the forum, and I have in no way the intention to insult you or hurt your feelings, in case you feel strongly about the kind of music you like. But: If your opinions stay unopposed, this fine thread might degenerate into a meeting place for opera-buffs, classical-music-buffs and who-knows-what-else-buffs !

Music is NOT about singing notes that other people cannot sing ! It is about sounds that massage your brain cells and make your neurons fire ! Please have a look at this https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=1800580&postcount=746 post and you will understand what I mean (or so I hope) !

Finally, as an indication that I do not write this with the intention of making you angry, here is a song that is currently high in the German charts and which might be close to your hearts or at least very much closer than to my heart ! I think it is a tragic mistake that this song ever got in our charts, probably because casting shows in general are very popular in Germany, and Paul Potts surely looks like a nice guy. Anyway, here it is:

"Nessun Dorma" by Paul Potts


DISCLAIMER (for all): This is definitely NOT a song I consider one of the best ever, please read the paragraph above for an explanation !


Oberst (as in colonel?)

Perhaps do a search here on Paul Potts and me, to find out that I posted the same link weeks/months ago. Meanwhile, one cannot argue about taste but melody and singing skills combined is what makes the greatest songs.

Some more tokens:

zoWcpafo1Zs[/youtube] [url]8nCqbO1EQTY[/youtube]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Andre said:
Oberst (as in colonel?)

Perhaps do a search here on Paul Potts and me, to find out that I posted the same link weeks/months ago. Meanwhile, one cannot argue about taste but melody and singing skills combined is what makes the greatest songs.

Oberst as in SciFi Colonel: https://www.physicsforums.com/showpost.php?p=1859677&postcount=34

And you are right, sorry for forgetting to search for his name and the song title first before posting the link.
 
Last edited: