What is the Best Saxophone Song?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,151 replies · 585K views
Quincy said:
haha yeah I don't usually listen to rap but I must say, that song is pretty good.

i especially love the video :D ;) haha. Drake is crazy though never knew he had the stuff he's comin out wit in him... he used to be an actor for this like teen drama type show of going to high school called Degrassi...

here's another good song my girlfriend got me listening to hah:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I like the Wilderness Plots CD made by Tim Grimm, Tom Roznowski, Michael White, Krista Detor, and Carrie Newcomer. The songs came from stories from Scott Russell Sanders's book, Wilderness Plots.

The best, Aurora Means Dawn, isn't on youtube, but it is on this myspace page (you have to select the song to play): http://www.myspace.com/wildernessplots

Great lyrics and a very beautiful performance by Tim Grimm and Krista Detor

We all must find the road that takes us to our destiny
and I'm not sure of where it starts or stops but that I want you there with me
and though it's far away, so far away, much farther than we've ever been
Aurora's calling me, I hear it, don't you hear it calling on the wind

...

though in the storm I nearly lost my faith in everything you promised me
in the dawn I saw that nothing that I truly love was lost to me
Aurora means the dawn and everything I truly love is here with me.

A couple other songs from the album:

More Than I Dare Say (Krista Detor)
One Woman and a Shovel (Carrie Newcomer]
Ice Mountains and Hairy Elephants (all)
 
Last edited:
Like many PFers of "a certain age," I grew up listening to Motown. Aaahh, lovely music.

I heard this on my way home from work today. Haven't heard it in a long time. So, so nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouQ3HeluFV4
 
I'm not sure if I'm re-posting these songs (there's too many posts!) but here's a few:

Light My Fire


The End


Love Me Two Times
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even know how I didn't post this song very first time I saw this thread:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Pink Floyd - Atom Heart Mother

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkzHXlFUBwU


Atom Heart Mother Piano Medley (beautiful piece IMO)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKHIV-YzRz4
 
Now : nothing else matters

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Ivan Rebroff had a fantastic voice, if you want to hear what he could do with that, have the patience to wait until about 2:47'



no elaboration necessary:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Avenged Sevenfold-Almost Easy



By the way, this is amazing and its live.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Well my music taste is pretty all over the place. Currently this is my fav: Bad quality, but only one I know of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJW2m3QnS7w

To probably appeal to you guys more ummmm My all time favourite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B9YZIx1LKxE

Listen to that in HQ...10 times better.
 
Bad Religion



Generator



No Control



Anesthesia

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Paint it Black by The Rolling Stones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DP2VyquMAaM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DP2VyquMAaM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

How old are they again? They sound better than most younger bands out there...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Rocket man by William Shatner

You read that right

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Office_Shredder said:
Rocket man by William Shatner

You read that right



I've seen it before. Its absolutely horrible.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Quite possibly the best trumpet-playing I've ever heard:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WXgjzHSVDEA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WXgjzHSVDEA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Who likes some avant-garde metal?

Nosferatu does a hefty dance

 
Last edited by a moderator:
An interesting case of popular music in video games...

This is the cinematic intro for a game called Borderlands with the song Aint No Rest for the Wicked by Cage the Elephant.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Im going to say...

KID CUDI! I love kid cudis music not only because it relates to me, but the beat he has!

Here are some Kid Cudi songs:

1. Man on the moon

2. Super Boo

3.Persuit of Happiness

4.Heaven At night

5.My world

6.Follow me

7.Heart of a Lion

8.Embrace the Martian

9.Do it alone

10.Look up in the stars

THATS IT HOPE YOU GUYS WILL TRY THEM OUT AND ENJOY :)