What is the Best Saxophone Song?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,151 replies · 587K views
not everyone's cup of tea, but a masterpiece from America's greatest living composer. EC turns 103 this December and is still writing new music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OzESMuBUaS8
 
Physics news on Phys.org
OmCheeto said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I

I've heard this song a few times over the last couple of years. Didn't know there was a video. Didn't know that the singer was 14 days younger than me. Didn't know he died 14 years ago. Didn't know he was from Hawaii.

Have I mentioned that Hawaii is a magical place?
At over 750# peak weight, it's surprising he didn't die earlier. Sad, because he was apparently very talented.
 
Great story on how that song was done.

http://mixonline.com/recording/tracking/bruddah_iz_somewhere_over_rainbow/index1.html
 
Last edited by a moderator:


I'm in love with these songs.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of good tunes were posted. Props to the members on this forum for listening to good music.

For me, best songs at the moment are these.

Symphonia - Don't Let Me Go


I did it my way with Michael Kiske singing: studio edition


I did it my way with Andre Matos singing: live edition(starts at 5:55)


I did it my way with Timo Kotipelto singing: demo edition
 
Last edited by a moderator:
turbo said:
Hope you like it.



Nice one! I remember I heard it a long time ago while driving up to the Metolius River for a hike. Amazing that that memory came back to me :smile:.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
One of the best songs ever. It always lifts my spirits when this song rolls up in my CD carousel's rotation. Like a skier jumping into a steep mogul-field, I have always been willing to change on a dime (professionally). Luckily, I have a wife that has always trusted me and supported my choices. We have done quite well. I regret the times that we were apart, but at least the separations were physical and not emotional.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
For those who don't know AKUS well, you ought to click here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eelUQIAH0X8&feature=related

BTW, Allison Krause and Dan Tyminski (the big rhythm guitarist) have two of the most perfect blended voices in the industry. My sister and I could pull that off, too, but she was generally busy Fri-Sat nights, and I was generally busy on Sat-Sun afternoons, pulling people into taverns when the nutzo-weekend crowds were sleeping. Whenever she had a free weekend, she'd show up at one or two of my gigs and sing with me. It was so nice to have another singer who would blend so wonderfully, and not try to be the next American Idol.
 
Last edited:
How about this classic, my fellow science nerds:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
How about Mudhoney's "No One Has":



(It's still pretty nerdy, in its own way!)
 
Last edited by a moderator:
For all you science fiction fans out there (one of which I'm NOT, as science itself is so much better than any fiction could possibly be!), here's yet another nerdy classic:

 
Last edited by a moderator:
BadBrain said:
How about Mudhonet's "No One Has":



(It's still pretty nerdy, in its own way!)
No way am i clicking on that. micromass has turned you to the darkside, I know it!

Someone click on that and see if it's safe. :-p
 
Last edited by a moderator:
EVO:

Micromass had nothing to do with my love of Mudhoney, seeing as I first signed onto this site a few days ago, and I just so happen to have the Sub-Pop Video Network Program II, which I bought well over ten years ago. (It has Mudhoney's "One More Time" as well as the Monkeywrench's "Bottle Up and Go".)

Hmmmm!
 
Evo said:
No way am i clicking on that. micromass has turned you to the darkside, I know it!

Someone click on that and see if it's safe. :-p
It's safe. It's not a rick-roll. It is Mudhoney.
 
Astronuc said:
It's safe. It's not a rick-roll. It is Mudhoney.
micromass has given me a rick roll phobia. :bugeye:
 
Actually, I managed to get the name of the Modhoney song on the Sub Pop Video Network Program II wrong. Iy's actually called: "Good Enough". and here 'tis:

 
Last edited by a moderator: