What is the Best Saxophone Song?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Evo
  • Start date Start date
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
3,151 replies · 586K views
BWV said:
did not know that Green Manalishi was a FM song - still prefer Judas Priest though
Most people do not know that Black Magic Woman was written by Peter Green and was a UK hit for Fleetwood Mac before Santana covered it.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
turbo-1 said:
Most people do not know that Black Magic Woman was written by Peter Green and was a UK hit for Fleetwood Mac before Santana covered it.

I didn't know that. Great music!
 
fuzzyfelt said:
I didn't know that. Great music!
I much prefer Green/Fleetwood Mac's version, but when I was playing out, I was pretty much obligated to throw in some Santana-style leads because that was the version that most people in the US were familiar with.
 
Having not known about it, I would have wanted to hear that too. I'll have to get more used to Green's version :)
 
Here is a live version. I almost always prefer Fleetwood Mac's live versions to the studio versions. They were a hot live band.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow! Thanks! I'll be a little disapointed playing the Santana Guitar Hero (music video game) version with the kids now.
 
Three from "Joe Versus the Volcano"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Sx5APtFy6w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U1v01SGtGE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mukdBRNOrpY
 
Unreachable - John Frusciante (turn up yo headphones)

 
Last edited by a moderator:
more fun than great, but relates to recent events, sorta

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIkvii7Hp8k
 


I am loving Colbie's new album!
 
Last edited by a moderator:


Probably already posted.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Two fun songs from one fun movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ic87SfqQAAM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AQXVHITd1N4
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhe3vb0z7mY

I think I'll go to a John Prine concert next month.

Can't believe Tull was in town in June, and no one told me.

****ity! ****! ****! ****!... as my old acquaintance Ron would say.

hmmm... But then again, perhaps I should start paying closer attention to my surroundings.
 
OmCheeto said:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhe3vb0z7mY

I think I'll go to a John Prine concert next month.
That was Bonnie back in the day. The first concert that I took my future and present wife to was one of Bonnie's. It was festival seating (everybody plunked their butts down on a hard gymnasium floor) and when she started her first number, a bunch of idiots in the front jumped up and started dancing around. She stopped the song and said something on the order of "This is going to be a long concert. If you block the view of everyone in back of you, everyone will have to stand up all night. If you want to dance, please go to the back of the room so that other people can see us perform." Nobody went to the back of the room. They sat down and let the rest of us paying customers see the show. She did a good job controlling the nuts.
 
Sometimes, the best songs, are just too personal to share..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1pjMwzujbHE
 


Gets me every time.

Pornstars making children music.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
When you're down and out...

I'm on your side...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUYSZMQYQsY&NR=1
 
Joe Bonamassa contemplates the plight of the laborer.

 
Last edited by a moderator:
a little looting music for you brits

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrwjiO1MCVs
 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V1bFr2SWP1I

I've heard this song a few times over the last couple of years. Didn't know there was a video. Didn't know that the singer was 14 days younger than me. Didn't know he died 14 years ago. Didn't know he was from Hawaii.

Have I mentioned that Hawaii is a magical place?
 
Astronuc said:
Blood Sweat & Tears - Variations By Erik Satie


One of the best versions of Rachmaninoff's Vocalise with Itzhak Perlman


More BS&T :approve: :cool:

God Bless the Child
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v​=8v96P_AXzto

Sometimes in Winter
 
Last edited by a moderator: