What is the Component in the 9300 Circuit Used for Musical Doorbells?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ali Inam
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Circuit
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 2K views
Engineering news on Phys.org
The text says it is a music IC. It stores the data for playing songs.

So, you push the button and it plays "Jingle Bells" or something like that.

Some of them have 20 songs in them and these play randomly.
 
9300 is a music IC ??

But the problem is that I am unable to find anything about this particular IC on net. Can anyone please help or is there any alternate IC ? What about UM66 ??


Would I be able to use it instead of that 9300 ??
 
None of the electronic parts suppliers I tried carry any music chips at all.

This might be explained if you look on Ebay for "Doorbells". You can buy musical door bells with a wireless connection between the push button and the music player, for as little as $2.

If you really wanted the chip, I guess you could just take one out of one of these cheap door bells. But why would you bother if you just wanted to make a door bell anyway?
Just use the one from Ebay.

I should mention that the Picaxe 08M has 4 songs built into it and you can program new songs.
However you would need a programmer to do this.

Doorbells that play music are actually more embarassing than anything. They play a song, but the song may be inappropriate for the visitors and you may have to apologise for it.

A chiming one that just gives two sounds of different pitch is a lot more classy.