What is the correct pronunciation of Feynman?

  • Thread starter Thread starter r4nd0m
  • Start date Start date
  • Tags Tags
    Feynman
Join the discussion
Registration is free. Start your own thread to ask a follow-up.
4 replies · 5K views
r4nd0m
Messages
96
Reaction score
1
pronunciation of "Feynman"

How is the "ey" in "Feynman" pronounced:

1. "ei" like in the word "hey"
2. "ai" like in the word "hi"
3. neither of 1,2.
 
Physics news on Phys.org
Yeah, before I talked to people I said Feyn-men. But, know that I have, its Fine-man.
 
Strangely enough, a quite intelligent acquaintance of mine (and one hell of a great pool partner) persisted in calling him 'Fennyman'. I never got up the balls to ask if he was dislexic. :rolleyes:
 
Danger said:
Strangely enough, a quite intelligent acquaintance of mine (and one hell of a great pool partner) persisted in calling him 'Fennyman'. I never got up the balls to ask if he was dislexic. :rolleyes:

Fanny-man ? Funny-man ? :smile: